Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Eyebrow waxing vs. threading

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 6:02 pm
I have been going for waxing for years but I'm noticing that more people lately are starting to do threading. I'm interested in possibly trying it but just wanted to know what others' opinions were on the subject. TIA

tichellady

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 6:31 pm
I don't bleed or get red and swollen after threading like I used to with waxing

esther09

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 7:03 pm
Threading is more exact so they're less likely to mess up, you're less likely to get a skin irritation (I don't have any evidence of this, but I know when I was on medication that made my skin sensitive, I was told to thread rather than wax), and I personally find it less painful.

Some people think threading is more painful - but I think if you've been waxing your eyebrows for a while, your nerves in that area are probably desensitized. Like I said, I personally find it less painful.

It's also quicker, less messy, and less chemical filled.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 7:07 pm
tichellady wrote:
I don't bleed or get red and swollen after threading like I used to with waxing

This.
Can anybody recommend someone who threads in Jerusalem? I had it done once by someone who didn't do a good job and I was so disappointed.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 11:34 am
Threading is SO painful

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 12:38 pm
I find threading more painful than waxing, as you feel each hair being ripped out rather than the big tug from the wax, even more than plucking my own eyebrows. Have been to lots of different places, overall this is my experience. Shape wise it doesn't make a difference.

And for some reason I bleed more from threading.

Shendellah

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 12:45 pm
I also find threading to be less painful but I feel like it needs to be done more often than waxing....

nywife

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 1:10 pm
Threading is more painful but I find that they're able to do a cleaner job that way and it lasts longer.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 1:18 pm
I thread I never waxed. I would never wax it scares me.

suremom

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 1:40 pm
why dont you try electrolysis?

bamba

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 10:45 pm
Used to wax started threading. It is more painful but it's quick and I find on me it lasts longer!! Once every four weeks I get it done. U can't tweeze in the middle though. In Israel when I wanted to get it done everyone looked at me like I was crazy they think it's really backwards to thread!! Bnei berak there's a place

Rose816

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 5:58 am
I've tried both--and enjoyed the results of both. My only piece of advice is, make sure the person that you're going to knows what they're doing--beyond just making your brows look nice. I've broken out after both threading and waxing, but after getting it done at a different place and not breaking out, I realized it was preventable.

Lanz892

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 6:26 am
I found threading much more painful than waxing, but also much more thorough
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics