Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
If frum men were advised like women
1  2  Next

nywife

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 5:45 pm
Saw this going around on Facebook today and can't help but share. Rolling Laughter

Please note: I did not write this, I am just copying and pasting.

----------------------------------------------------

By Rebbetzen Sandi Mann

Please dress appropriately and modestly at all times. Modesty is the mark of a man – your beauty is within. You are like a Prince, a jewel , a diamond, and just like a precious gem, we want to protect you and keep you safe.

Trouser length; some men are not aware that when they sit down their trouser leg might rise up revealing a glimpse of ankle. There are special devices you can use when you try clothes on ensure that this does not happen.

We suggest you shop with a friend who can ensure that your shirt is not too revealing or see through from the back.

Please take special care with your shirt collar; there is a fashion to undo the top button and this could inadvertently reveal a glimpse of chest hair.

Although it is halachically permitted for men to light Shabbat candles, it is not really in keeping with the dignity of the community for men to do so. We suspect too that many men who try to do this are doing it for the wrong reasons.

Similarly with baking challah. This is simply a provocative act aimed at stretching boundaries. If we let men bake challah, where will it lead? Before we know it, they will be wanting to make the cholent too.

Photos of boys (including toddlers) should not be published in newspapers or adverts. This should be the case even when they are dressed modestly as it is not deemed appropriate for women to see photos of small boys.

We urge all men to increase their adherence to modesty/tsnuit laws. The current rise in terrorism in Israel and indeed, anti-Semitism around the world is entirely due to the fact that some men are wearing revealing clothes, trousers that are too tight or have shirt sleeves rolled up too high.

Some modern men seem to be objecting to the morning bracha and complaining that they are not ‘made according to G-d’s will’ like women are. Dear gentlemen, we would like to reassure you that even though you might not be made according to G-d’s will you are just as important as women. Just because you have different roles does not mean that you are not as important. The bracha is not intended to suggest you are less equal than women just because you are not made according to His will.

Please dress appropriately when collecting your children from school. If you must drive (and we believe it is immodest for men to drive) then take care getting out of the car lest your trousers rise up and reveal an ankle. Please make sure that arms are covered to the wrist even in summer – we are seeing more and more hairy wrists on show and this is not acceptable (and probably causes terrorism). Any father not adhering to the modesty rules risks their child being removed.

In terms of family purity, please note that if you suspect that you might have wasted seed during the night, you should take your underwear to your Rebbetzen and she will ascertain its status and whether you need to visit the mikveh (this can be done anonymously or via your wife).

Adherence to these rules will bring Moshiach speedily in our days.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 6:21 pm
This was just too funny.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Thanks for the laugh!!

Laiya

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 7:59 pm
I know this was intended as satire, but it makes the point so well I want to cry

imasoftov

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 8:12 pm
The author has since opened a twitter account, https://twitter.com/Adviceforfrumm1

boysrus

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 8:40 pm
nywife wrote:
Saw this going around on Facebook today and can't help but share. Rolling Laughter

Please note: I did not write this, I am just copying and pasting.

----------------------------------------------------

By Rebbetzen Sandi Mann

Please dress appropriately and modestly at all times. Modesty is the mark of a man – your beauty is within. You are like a Prince, a jewel , a diamond, and just like a precious gem, we want to protect you and keep you safe.

Trouser length; some men are not aware that when they sit down their trouser leg might rise up revealing a glimpse of ankle. There are special devices you can use when you try clothes on ensure that this does not happen.

We suggest you shop with a friend who can ensure that your shirt is not too revealing or see through from the back.

Please take special care with your shirt collar; there is a fashion to undo the top button and this could inadvertently reveal a glimpse of chest hair.

Although it is halachically permitted for men to light Shabbat candles, it is not really in keeping with the dignity of the community for men to do so. We suspect too that many men who try to do this are doing it for the wrong reasons.

Similarly with baking challah. This is simply a provocative act aimed at stretching boundaries. If we let men bake challah, where will it lead? Before we know it, they will be wanting to make the cholent too.

Photos of boys (including toddlers) should not be published in newspapers or adverts. This should be the case even when they are dressed modestly as it is not deemed appropriate for women to see photos of small boys.

We urge all men to increase their adherence to modesty/tsnuit laws. The current rise in terrorism in Israel and indeed, anti-Semitism around the world is entirely due to the fact that some men are wearing revealing clothes, trousers that are too tight or have shirt sleeves rolled up too high.

Some modern men seem to be objecting to the morning bracha and complaining that they are not ‘made according to G-d’s will’ like women are. Dear gentlemen, we would like to reassure you that even though you might not be made according to G-d’s will you are just as important as women. Just because you have different roles does not mean that you are not as important. The bracha is not intended to suggest you are less equal than women just because you are not made according to His will.

Please dress appropriately when collecting your children from school. If you must drive (and we believe it is immodest for men to drive) then take care getting out of the car lest your trousers rise up and reveal an ankle. Please make sure that arms are covered to the wrist even in summer – we are seeing more and more hairy wrists on show and this is not acceptable (and probably causes terrorism). Any father not adhering to the modesty rules risks their child being removed.

In terms of family purity, please note that if you suspect that you might have wasted seed during the night, you should take your underwear to your Rebbetzen and she will ascertain its status and whether you need to visit the mikveh (this can be done anonymously or via your wife).

Adherence to these rules will bring Moshiach speedily in our days.

ummm, I dont think the author is really a rebbetzin, that was just part of the joke... (we have mutual friends...)

Mevater

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 9:01 pm
imasoftov wrote:
The author has since opened a twitter account, https://twitter.com/Adviceforfrumm1

Posts from the above twitter account:

Adviceforfrummen ‏@Adviceforfrumm1 10h10 hours ago
Gentlemen, please be mindful with your chazanut in shul of the distracting effect that this has on women.

We are asking all men to please grow their beard longer to protect Am Yisroel from the ongoing terror they are facing.

Dont know why, but I feel sort of guilty laughing... tradition is tradition....

Last edited by Mevater on Wed, Oct 21 2015, 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

yo'ma

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 9:08 pm
Am I the only one who didn't find it funny? It was just changed from a woman to a man. The only one that made sense IMO was the paragraph about the bracha during davening and maybe the last one. It could have been done much better with things that are more realistic for men , but also a bit nuts.

nywife

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 9:18 pm
boysrus wrote:
ummm, I dont think the author is really a rebbetzin, that was just part of the joke... (we have mutual friends...)

Don't know her from Adam, I just copied what was written online.

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 9:25 pm
This is a spoof off the original version:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/dis......html

yo'ma

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 10:06 pm
causemommysaid wrote:

Okay! Now I get why she did it like that, but I stil don't think it's funny. With what she wrote, women and men are the same, but in the workforce they should be treated as such.

moonbeam

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 10:41 pm
That was hysterical, thanks for sharing!

agreer

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 11:49 pm
If you don't think it's funny, you are probably taking it too seriously.

It's satire.

DrMom

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 1:32 am
agreer wrote:

It's satire.

Well, even though it's stated in a joking matter, satire is a pointed way of bringing attention to a matter.

Maybe people who do not find it funny might *not* think that there is too much stress on tzniut directed at women.

(For the record, I loved the piece and wanted to post it myself. nywife beat me to it!)

June

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 3:07 am
agreer wrote:

It's satire.

Except for the last bit re nocturnal emissions, I don't think this article is particularly good satire.

Last edited by June on Thu, Oct 22 2015, 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 3:13 am
June wrote:
Except for the last bit re nocturnal emissions, I don't think this is particularly good satire.
Huh? But for a man to bring his underwear with a wet dream in it, to a rebbetzin? That actually made me laugh the hardest.
Why is that not good satire? Many women hate bringing their underwear to rabbis. Many just dont because it is just too embarrassing or not something they would ever think of doing (and their husbands too)

June

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 3:21 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Huh? But for a man to bring his underwear with a wet dream in it, to a rebbetzin? That actually made me laugh the hardest.
Why is that not good satire? Many women hate bringing their underwear to rabbis. Many just dont because it is just too embarrassing or not something they would ever think of doing (and their husbands too)

Yeah, that's what I'm saying - I think that part is great. It's the rest that I think is dumb. (I added in a word to make my post clearer.)

imasoftov

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 4:50 am
causemommysaid wrote:

bigblueyes

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 5:56 am
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 10:28 am
June wrote:
Except for the last bit re nocturnal emissions, I don't think this article is particularly good satire.

It was a bit too much leitzanus for me to forward, personally.

But the bolded did not bring you joy? Wink

(I have no issue with the bracha, I just love the "not...made according to G-d's will" bit.)

observer

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 10:59 am
yo'ma wrote:
Am I the only one who didn't find it funny? It was just changed from a woman to a man. The only one that made sense IMO was the paragraph about the bracha during davening and maybe the last one. It could have been done much better with things that are more realistic for men , but also a bit nuts.

I don't either
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics