Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Do you know of any parsha tape series for young children

semandbeyond

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 11:22 am
My 5-year old son LOVES parsha books and tapes. He is reading already and has read the entire Parsha Reader series and has started on the Little Midrash Says. He also loves listening to Rabbi Juravel Parsha tapes. HOWEVER, the hashkafa presented on the tapes does not jive well with our family (mainly because of his frequent stress on how horrible (all) non jews are). Does anyone know if Rebbee Hill is less extreme or if there are any parsha tapes with a more moderate or YU type approach? All ideas appreciated. Thank you!

seeker

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 1:40 pm
Hm. Well, thanks for the warning because I never heard those. The only parsha tapes I'm familiar with are 613 Torah Avenue which have adorable songs but it seems you're looking for something deeper? I liked 613 when I was 5 but it's not much story like the ones you mentioned.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 2:50 pm
Rabbi Fischel Shechter has CD's on the parsha.

semandbeyond

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 3:17 pm
Thank you so much! Do you know where I can get R' Schachter online?

ruchelbuckle

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 3:22 pm
World of Middos is the parsha series by Rav Shachter. My older kids enjoy it, but I don't think it would be too difficult for a 5 y.o. to follow along. you can get it from mostlymusic.com
However, you don't really learn a lot about the parsha--- it's basically a great story that's somehow connected to a pasuk in the parsha

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 4:06 pm
will be following.... I tried listening to a kids story on the phone- it just didn't jive well with us either... but would love something for my daughter.

rosey

Post Sat, Oct 24 2015, 3:08 pm
We have a couple of Rebbe Hill CDs, although they are about Pesach and Brachot, not parsha, and they seem very positive. My daughter, also 5, likes them. I would love more on the parsha, I don't know if he has anything like that.

chaya7

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 9:04 pm
We enjoy rabbi Goldstein's parsha CD http://www.thelivingsidrah.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics