Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Dina Friedman Mastery Course

Queenb4

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 6:44 am
Any Imamother signed up for this course?

I am still not sure if I should sign up or not.

imamom7

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 4:12 pm
Following- sounds interesting but so expensive...

lacey

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 4:16 pm
I signed up. ...I heard it's amazing, so why miss it.

imamom7

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 4:18 pm
What did you hear about it?

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 5:05 pm
imamom7 wrote:
Following- sounds interesting but so expensive...

How expensive are we talking about?

Are there sample classes to listen to? I remember being so interested in her parenting course after reading about it here but I listened to the sample classes and the audio quality was very grating and difficult on my ears (which are very sensitive so others may have felt fine about it.) I was disappointed to miss out but happy that I got to try that before wasting time and money on a class I couldn't stand listening to. I wish she'd release a book already because I am in such suspense always hearing how amazing her methods are.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 5:49 pm
seeker wrote:
I wish she'd release a book already because I am in such suspense always hearing how amazing her methods are.
Her methods are not her own. She compiled them from many (mostly secular) sources, which personally worked for me because I usually find these subjects boring, and in this case, any useful information was available in one place. So you can probably find her ideas from her original sources; no need for a book.

However, I never took the Mastery course.

smss

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 6:26 pm
seeker wrote:
I wish she'd release a book already because I am in such suspense always hearing how amazing her methods are.

I doubt she will, in her parenting classes she mentions that she hates writing.

Also, yes, many (most?) of her techniques are not her own, and she never quotes sources, which bothers me.

seeker wrote:
How expensive are we talking about?

$475.

lacey

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 6:28 pm
You can find more information on her website, my friends who took it can't stop talking how how much they grew from her classes.....she has very deep concepts that's a great eye-opening to a higher level of living.

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 7:28 pm
You don't have to like writing to put out a book. She already has the whole program put together in speeches, she could hire a writer who would convert from the speeches to a printable format and work together with her to make sure she likes the result before it prints.

I think she said something about not wanting to do a book because something about it is better relayed personally or something like that, but at this point the speeches are just recordings anyway, and I'm sure working with a good writer could ensure that the points come across clearly enough. I'm betting at some point eventually she would relax this standard especially when the market for the classes slows down (surely at some point you run out of people willing to pay $300 and listen to everything on mp3?)

I was under the impression that she bases her technique on one philosophy whose name escapes me but was never a secret (Donat...something?) And she has developed her own interpretations/applications of that philosophy, which is totally legitimate.

But gleeps, the price. Not saying it isn't worth it, it's about the cost of 3 1/2 sessions with some private therapists, just makes it a whole lot harder to even consider.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 7:58 pm
seeker wrote:

I was under the impression that she bases her technique on one philosophy whose name escapes me but was never a secret (Donat...something?) And she has developed her own interpretations/applications of that philosophy, which is totally legitimate

No, iirc, it's from many sources. She never mentioned where, but her ideas are mentioned in other sources, for example, Alfie Cohen (I think). But yes, she adds her own interpretations, and I love how she also includes hashkafa.

smss

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 8:09 pm
seeker wrote:

I was under the impression that she bases her technique on one philosophy whose name escapes me but was never a secret (Donat...something?) And she has developed her own interpretations/applications of that philosophy, which is totally legitimate.

Demartini? Maybe the Mastery course, which I haven't actually taken. The parenting courses are definitely taken from many different sources.

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 8:13 pm
smss wrote:
Demartini? Maybe the Mastery course, which I haven't actually taken. The parenting courses are definitely taken from many different sources.

That's what I was thinking of but it's more than likely that it was someone else who does that. I couldn't remember.

mominwb

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 8:25 pm
I'll be signing up for her course iyh. It's expensive when u look at it as a whole, but I think it's 30+ sessions. My friend says it changed her life 360 degree, And I know of a few pPl that are gonna be doing it a second time. That's how much they enjoyed it.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 10:15 pm
Is the mastery course live?

Queenb4

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 6:59 am
It's 24 prerecorded classes. 6 live classes.
30 Live Question and Answer sessions

smss

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 7:02 am
mominwb wrote:
I'll be signing up for her course iyh. It's expensive when u look at it as a whole, but I think it's 30+ sessions. My friend says it changed her life 360 degree, And I know of a few pPl that are gonna be doing it a second time. That's how much they enjoyed it.

360 degrees would mean you're right back where you started from ;-)
She/you probably meant 180! Smile

asmileaday

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 7:04 am
seeker wrote:
You don't have to like writing to put out a book. She already has the whole program put together in speeches, she could hire a writer who would convert from the speeches to a printable format and work together with her to make sure she likes the result before it prints.

I think she said something about not wanting to do a book because something about it is better relayed personally or something like that, but at this point the speeches are just recordings anyway, and I'm sure working with a good writer could ensure that the points come across clearly enough. I'm betting at some point eventually she would relax this standard especially when the market for the classes slows down (surely at some point you run out of people willing to pay $300 and listen to everything on mp3?)

But gleeps, the price. Not saying it isn't worth it, it's about the cost of 3 1/2 sessions with some private therapists, just makes it a whole lot harder to even consider.

I highly doubt she'd be able to get anyone to pay $475 for a book or a set of books...

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 12:22 am
asmileaday wrote:
I highly doubt she'd be able to get anyone to pay $475 for a book or a set of books...

1. How many people is she actually getting to pay $475 for the course? The books would be a way to generate income from the rest of us, who buy books easily but not expensive courses. My bookshelves are bursting with the hope of good intentions...

2. for many, books become a gateway to courses/presentations. I may not spend $475 on a course by someone whose style I'm not sure I like, but if I've read one or two of her books and loved them then I'm much more likely to want more of her in person. You obviously aren't going to be able to cram every detail into a book. Instead of having [limited number willing to enroll in series x $475] she could have [larger number book buyers x $25 + book lovers who want to follow up with Q&A sessions x $100]

I guess to each their own, I'm just saying there's more to marketing strategy than just having a high-priced option and nothing else. We haven't even gotten to calculating how much profit she could possibly have left after having full-page full-color ads in every major frum women's magazine - I once knew how expensive that was, though I forgot the exact number. Thousands for sure. And she is advertising in at least 3-4 publications, and I'm pretty sure I see it there somewhere every week year-round with an uptick around the time of new shifts opening. You have to have an awful lot of $475 clients to cover that. Are there really that many going for this? Go with one of the big publishers and even if your royalties are tiny, they take care of the exposure for you and you get the recognition leading to more sign-ups for whatever future courses you offer. In addition to spreading the light.

zigi

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 6:14 am
I do think that her parenting course was worth it. I paid one price 3-4 years ago and I still benefit. I listen to the mp3 to keep me on track. if you look at it as paying 10 every week for a class plus the booklet etc. it is worth it. its seems pricey its because it is a lump sum
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics