Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Chasidish wedding- funny video
Previous  1  2

fmt4

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 2:44 pm
I honestly thought it was really cute. They look genuinely happy and excited and like they're having a blast. Good for them.

rachel91

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 4:23 pm
The original song is called 'Worth It' by 'Fifth Harmony', Bart Baker made a parody of this song, stating that it sounds like a 'Jewish Wedding Song' Maybe that has anything to do with it.
The melody is catchy, and this is going o for years now, that they take catchy non jewish songs, change the lyrics and play it at Weddings etc.

howru2day

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 4:44 pm
youngishbear wrote:
The boys dancing know exactly where the songs are coming from. The older generation is probably standing on the side wringing their hands, shell-shocked and horrified. I've been to weddings where the grandparents walked out, the fathers demanded the music be turned down, and the young people partied on.

This was not sung at my wedding... Get the picture?

In the chassidish world today, wearing the uniform does not mean the inside is still as traditional as the clothing, although a maven could probably spot the telltale signs of "modernization".

I don't think the bochurim actually know where it is coming from-maybe a small minority of them- though they might know it's has non Jewish roots as do many of today's songs that are sung at weddings etc. For many of them, they are simply acting wild and having fun to a cool 'lebedig ' music. I wouldn't condemn the boys, maybe the song writer though...

youngishbear

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 4:51 pm
howru2day wrote:
I don't think the bochurim actually know where it is coming from-maybe a small minority of them- though they might know it's has non Jewish roots as do many of today's songs that are sung at weddings etc. For many of them, they are simply acting wild and having fun to a cool 'lebedig ' music. I wouldn't condemn the boys, maybe the song writer though...

I can't be certain about the specfic boys in this specific video, but at the weddings I've attended where such songs were sung, I know for a fact that the boys know where the songs are from and loved it precisely for this reason.

Maya

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 4:56 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I can't be certain about the specfic boys in this specific video, but at the weddings I've attended where such songs were sung, I know for a fact that the boys know where the songs are from and loved it precisely for this reason.

I agree with you. I also believe the boys know where the songs are from, and know the originals.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 5:02 pm
Maya wrote:
I agree with you. I also believe the boys know where the songs are from, and know the originals.

It's not even a belief lol. It's a fact (in the cases I know.) I've met the boys who make up the words, sometimes the chassan recomends a song he likes... it's a hallowed process in this subculture. Fascinating, actually. (But heartbreaking to watch what it does to some of the parents.)

littleprincess

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 5:05 pm
And I'm shocked as I know the chosons mother and some of his siblings and I'm sure they were biting on their lips

Butterfly

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 5:07 pm
delete

Last edited by Butterfly on Mon, Oct 26 2015, 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

happybeingamom

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 5:24 pm
Sorry to be a downer but is there any Toeles in this thread?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links