Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Shabbos invite
Previous  1  2

greenfire

Post Fri, Jul 06 2007, 5:08 pm
shall I read your lips ... I presume it means that you can't ... and therefore you need to say "no" ... while still others can and will say "yes" ...

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 06 2007, 5:10 pm
Not everyone "will" or "can".

DRE613

Post Sat, Jul 29 2017, 3:25 pm
amother wrote:
Oh, just wanted to add- I had NOTHING in my house to make for shabbos because I was planning on going away and wasnt planning on making shabbos.
Our host was planning on making shabbos regardless, if we had come, it would just mean having to cook for two extra people.

We found out on thursday night at 11 pm that we couldn't go for shabbos.

Should our host had told us to come anyhow because of the mix up?
Or was it our fault and its just too bad that there was nothing at home to make for shabbos?
I think it sounds like a really unfortunate mixup that you'll all learn from in the future!!
I sympathise that you were left in such a hard position making shabbos with nothing in the house etc, but I dont think that was your hosts responsibility/ problem, and they dont have to tell you to "come anyhow"... Like you had trouble preparing from scratch thursday night, she might have had the same worry preparing for 2 extra thursday night (ie not bought enough chicken, prepared something weird only her family like, relied on having just cholent shabbos day..)
For some ppl, having company (even just two ppl).can be a strain or pressure they need to prepare for.

Hope you never get stuck again like that & hope you had a good shabbos anyway! Very Happy

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Jul 29 2017, 4:17 pm
DRE613 wrote:
I think it sounds like a really unfortunate mixup that you'll all learn from in the future!!
I sympathise that you were left in such a hard position making shabbos with nothing in the house etc, but I dont think that was your hosts responsibility/ problem, and they dont have to tell you to "come anyhow"... Like you had trouble preparing from scratch thursday night, she might have had the same worry preparing for 2 extra thursday night (ie not bought enough chicken, prepared something weird only her family like, relied on having just cholent shabbos day..)
For some ppl, having company (even just two ppl).can be a strain or pressure they need to prepare for.

Hope you never get stuck again like that & hope you had a good shabbos anyway! Very Happy
DRE, welocome to imamother. Please look at the topic's date before responding. This post is from 2007.

zaq

Post Sat, Jul 29 2017, 10:41 pm
The guest should call the host back. A host does not have to chase after the guest. Your dh was wrong. He should have called back as soon as you told him you wanted to go.

Aaargh! Who's reviving all these superannuated time-dependent threads?

penguin

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 12:15 am
Quote:
Aaargh! Who's reviving all these superannuated time-dependent threads?
They come up under similar topics and someone finds them interesting enough to respond to. Not everyone checks the date.

DRE613

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 12:42 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
DRE, welocome to imamother. Please look at the topic's date before responding. This post is from 2007.

Ooops- it popped up on my homepage. Ill check the date from now on!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics