Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Indian products, avoda zora?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 2:43 am
I've been advised to take some herbs to help with digestion, and they are aurvadyc or some such thing, Indian herbs from India.

I am worried though, that these could be tainted with avoda zara. Does anyone know about indian practices enough to know whether or not herbs are used for indian avoda zara?

Also, I found some nice cheese from India, kosher from indian water buffalos, and I dont know, do they worship those animals? Is it ok to consume this product?

imaima

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 2:49 am
amother wrote:
I've been advised to take some herbs to help with digestion, and they are aurvadyc or some such thing, Indian herbs from India.

I am worried though, that these could be tainted with avoda zara. Does anyone know about indian practices enough to know whether or not herbs are used for indian avoda zara?

Also, I found some nice cheese from India, kosher from indian water buffalos, and I dont know, do they worship those animals? Is it ok to consume this product?

If someone put an heksher on this cheese, they must have investigated this issue?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 2:52 am
imaima wrote:
If someone put an heksher on this cheese, they must have investigated this issue?

Good point.

I dont see a hechsher on the herbs. They were vegan so I wasn't concerned with hechsher. Until I thought about the avoda zora thing.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 12:00 pm
'Indians' Hindu's specifically do not worship cows. Cows are honored because they provide fuel, food and hides. Staples of living. Ayurveda is simply an ancient method of natural healing using different herbs.

Last edited by MagentaYenta on Tue, Oct 27 2015, 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

imaima

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 3:21 pm
amother wrote:
Good point.

I dont see a hechsher on the herbs. They were vegan so I wasn't concerned with hechsher. Until I thought about the avoda zora thing.

you should also think avout insect infestation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions