Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Rami Levi, Gush Etzion

boysrus

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 1:50 pm
Just read about the attack near Rami Levi in Gush Etzion. Crying
now I am scared for people who I know out there IRL, and also my virtual friends here on imamother.
do we know who was stabbed, do we have a name to daven for, and do we know how she is doing? Sad

etky

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 2:24 pm
Nirit Zemora, a resident of Beit Haggai.
Mother of eight. Sister in law of former MK Michael ben Ari.
Just underwent surgery to remove the knife that was stuck in her chest.
She is in moderate condition.
The knife hit her spine and doctors are assessing her injuries but her condition is not life-threatening.
She was stabbed in the parking lot outside the shops next to Rami Levy where there is no security.
Name for tehillim is Nirit Chana bat Nitza.

ariellabella

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 2:36 pm
I just saw the following update. Can you please confirm if this is her most recent status?

"The medical condition of the woman who was attacked outside Rami Levy in Gush Etzion has deteriorated, and she is now listed in moderate to serious condition.
The extent of her wounds was not fully evaluated at the time."

myself

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 2:48 pm
Crying

etky

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 3:49 pm
ariellabella wrote:
I just saw the following update. Can you please confirm if this is her most recent status?

"The medical condition of the woman who was attacked outside Rami Levy in Gush Etzion has deteriorated, and she is now listed in moderate to serious condition.
The extent of her wounds was not fully evaluated at the time."

I think what this means is that initially they thought she was lightly wounded but by the time she was evacuated to the hospital they realized her condition was more serious. The paramedics were smart not to attempt to move the knife because there was no way of knowing what internal damage it had caused. Even after surgery, which was described as 'complex' the doctors still needed to do additional imaging to assess the situation. AFAIK there has not been anything further reported.

November

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 6:48 pm
This is so awful.
I read that the attacker came in a taxi from Hevron. I also read somewhere that the Arabs are trying to get us used to knife attacks, as if this is the new normal. How could we ever get used to this? How are we going to feel safe just going grocery shopping or coming back on the bus from a Doctor's appointment (as Richard Lakin, alav hashalom, was doing 2 weeks ago before the bus he was on was attacked)?

etky

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 4:59 am
November wrote:
This is so awful.
I read that the attacker came in a taxi from Hevron. I also read somewhere that the Arabs are trying to get us used to knife attacks, as if this is the new normal. How could we ever get used to this? How are we going to feel safe just going grocery shopping or coming back on the bus from a Doctor's appointment (as Richard Lakin, alav hashalom, was doing 2 weeks ago before the bus he was on was attacked)?

I've never felt safe at RL though it's been alot worse lately.
I avoided it for a couple of weeks but then gave in to DH and went back last week and yesterday. I was there a couple of hours before the pigua. It has been very, very, quiet b/c most people also feel too threatened to shop there. There is zero security in the parking lot and the presence of security personnel does not deter attackers who are not afraid to die. They have to encircle the entire shopping area with a fence and check everyone who comes in. There is no other way to provide any form or shape of security there.
Unfortunately, it is elements in the government, not the Arabs, who want us to get used to this and tolerate a degree of terror in our lives. (The Arabs don't want us to adapt and get used to their attacks. They want them to shock and instill a high level of constant fear to convince us to move out) The stabbings are not new - only more frequent now - but for years and years we've also had to deal with terror in the form of rocks and shootings on the roads, car attacks, and other things. We are like "otef Aza'" (the Gaza envelope communities) but instead of missiles we are expected to tolerate drips and drabs of terror.
And the same way that people were only really disturbed by the missiles when they began to rain down on Tel Aviv and Gush Dan, here too, terror only really bestirs the government when the attacks take place in Jerusalem and other major cities.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 5:04 am
Here is an account of what happened by the woman who helped her: TODAY I WITNESSED A PIGUA (LONG POST)

Today was a day I will never forget. Wednesday is always Rami Levi day. Left at my usual time and did my usual shopping. With all thats going on these days I take one of my kids with me so they can look around the parking lot while I pack the car. today was supposed to be a normal day.....it wasnt. I pulled out of the Rami Levi parking lot and my daughter asked me are u scared to go to Rami Levi....I said no. A minute later my life was changed forever. A woman was crossing from the gas station to the other side. She was carrying many bags all of a sudden from the corner of my eye I see a man with a brown coat running to her and I saw him raise his hand and stab her in the back, I immediately honked my horn and screamed to my daughter its happening and we both started screaming hysterically. As soon as I started honking the מחבל ran and I got out of the car and started screaming help help.I ran to the woman who was on the floor. I told her its ok you are going to be ok.She stood up but I saw she was weak. I held her and all of a sudden I see chayalim running with their guns and the shooting started. I brought the woman to my car and told her to sit. There was blood all over my hand. People were all over. my daughter ran to english cake and was hysterical she was surrounded by amazing women who wanted to help. bh my neighbor who is a doctor was in the area he heard me scream and ran to see what was going on. I needed to go and see if my daughter was ok and I asked my neighbor to stay with the woman while I go to my daughter.I was still hysterical at this point. crying shaking,,,,there were amazing woman who helped me and my daughter, Someone called Marty Gardner and he got a ride immediately and was by our side. I was questioned by the shabak, police and the army, It felt unreal. I felt like I was in a movie because how could this ever happen to me. My daughter was in trauma and she was taken to the hospital with Marty, I was still being held for questioning. they told me that the woman was ok she was being taken to shaarei tzedek.when they told me I could go my neighbor was kind enough to leave his car in rami levi and drive me home to my anxiously awaiting family. after seeing my family I went to shaarei tzedek to check on my daughter. she is doing ok. I was also able to meet Nirit's husband, son and other family members. they told me she was recovering from the surgery but doing well. they asked me to tell them the story and they were so thankful that I was there. at that moment I remembered that at the scene of the pigua one woman kept telling me you are a hero. I dont feel like one. the real heroes are the people of israel and the people who fight to defend and protect us. when saying goodbye to them I left them my number so they could let me know how Nirit was doing. A couple of hours ago I received a call from Nirit. She said she was doing well and kept thanking me over and over. What could I say..your welcome doesnt cut it in this situation. I just kept telling her over and over that I was glad she was ok. All I know is that Hashem puts us exactly where we are supposed to be. This is where I was supposed to be with my daughter..it played out exactly the way it was supposed to. Eventhough I was scared, traumatized and freaked out my emunah is as strong as ever. I still love my country and would never change it for anything else, Feeling so grateful for all my family who came at a moments notice and all the friends that were there and offered to help. Thank you Hashem for all the greatness around me.

LisaS

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 5:20 am
Wow, so it would have been even worse if she hadn't started screaming and scaring him off. May Nirit see miracles and have a full recovery.

June

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 5:21 am
November wrote:
I read that the attacker came in a taxi from Hevron.

There's a lot of Hamas activity in Hevron. There was just another stabbing of a soldier there. Soldier is lightly wounded. Sad

November wrote:
I also read somewhere that the Arabs are trying to get us used to knife attacks, as if this is the new normal. How could we ever get used to this? How are we going to feel safe just going grocery shopping or coming back on the bus from a Doctor's appointment (as Richard Lakin, alav hashalom, was doing 2 weeks ago before the bus he was on was attacked)?

Unfortunately, it already seems to be routine. Crying

When I go shopping at my local Rami Levi, my new routine is to keep my back to the shelves while I check ingredients/price/hechsher/etc. I'm constantly looking around and behind me.

The pit of anxiety is constant, and feels normal.

The news of soldiers or civilians being stabbed seems normal. A day where nothing major happens (just your typical daily rocks-and-fire-bombings) is not normal.

Sad and scary. We need moshiach.

Last edited by June on Thu, Oct 29 2015, 5:24 am; edited 2 times in total

etky

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 5:22 am
LisaS wrote:
Wow, so it would have been even worse if she hadn't started screaming and scaring him off. May Nirit see miracles and have a full recovery.

That is exactly what the police officer who I saw interviewed last night said. She prevented a much worse attack.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 5:26 am
LisaS wrote:
Can you imagine? Amazing. Unbelievable! And terrifying all at once.

juggling

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 5:58 am
June wrote:

When I go shopping at my local Rami Levi, my new routine is to keep my back to the shelves while I check ingredients/price/hechsher/etc. I'm constantly looking around and behind me.

Seriously? I would never have thought to do that. As I was reading your comment I thought, wow, this is not a way we can live!

My best solution? Supersol online. Oh, but don't open your door when they come with your delivery.

And, yeah, I guess I am kind of giving in to the terrorists if I literally don't go shopping.

etky

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 6:21 am
juggling wrote:
Seriously? I would never have thought to do that. As I was reading your comment I thought, wow, this is not a way we can live!

My best solution? Supersol online. Oh, but don't open your door when they come with your delivery.

And, yeah, I guess I am kind of giving in to the terrorists if I literally don't go shopping.

That is what I instinctively do in the supermarket or anywhere else where I feel threatened.
Been doing that for years and living exactly that way, with the fear/anxiety.
Everyone has to find their own way to deal with the situation. For some people it's harder.
If ordering on line enables you to deal then that's what you have to do. Lots of people are doing that now.
But overall, we can't give into them. Once we do, it's all over folks. May as well pack your bags now.
This is a struggle that has been going on here for about a hundred years.
Sometimes it's at a simmer and sometimes it boils over. We just have to grit our teeth and get through it as best we can if we want to stay in this country. Am Henetzach.....

Happydance

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 2:37 pm
The other day I was in a supermarket and I saw a worker digging into his back pocket, my first thought was "Run! He is about to pull out a knife!"

and.... he did!

and then proceeded to open the boxes that he was unpacking with it...

I was impressed at my ability to predict a knife appearance, and a bit sad that I have come to this level of trauma.

bigblueyes

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 3:27 pm
I was also recently shopping in a small local grocery and there was an arab worker(why?!?!?!?!?!) with a HUGE knife opening potatoe bags it was terrifying and honestly I left. How do I know he wont brandish it at the next woman who passes?!

etky

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 3:33 pm
bigblueyes wrote:
I was also recently shopping in a small local grocery and there was an arab worker(why?!?!?!?!?!) with a HUGE knife opening potatoe bags it was terrifying and honestly I left. How do I know he wont brandish it at the next woman who passes?!

You don't. Maybe get some pepper spray and walk around with it, just to be on the safe side.

grace413

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 3:33 pm
Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug

Special hugs and chizuk to all the Gush Imamothers, as that area seems to the hardest hit. You are all nshei chayil, on the front lines of the current confrontation, guarding Yerusahlayim from the south.

Stay strong and remember that Hashem is with us.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics