Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
SHOCKING DIARY: Not Accepted Into Lakewood Schools
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

self-actualization

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 10:55 am
One Of Nine Girls Not Accepted Into Lakewood High School

Dear OS!

My neighbors 14 year old daughter is one of nine girls not accepted into high school in Lakewood. Her mother discovered today that she has been keeping a diary. Here is today’s heart wrenching entry:

Today is 56 days since school started here in Lakewood. It is now 56 days of me being rejected. I have no more tears to cry and I promised on Shabbos that I would try not to cry again.

In the summer when I realized that this was really serious, my father told me that it was a nisayon from Hashem. When school started and my sisters went off to high school leaving me behind, my father said it was a nisayon from Hashem.

When my parents saw me crying on Hoshan Rabba and asked me why. I said I didn’t understand why Hashem doesn’t answer my teffilos. My father said I promise you that Hashem will answer your tefillos.

It is now 56 days since school started and more then four months since this nightmare started. My parents are the frumest people I know. My mother works so hard and never complains. My father learns every free second he has. When he is home he is always looking into a sefer.

When school started without me my father told me that if I keep my faith in Hashem and hold myself together it will be a tremendous zechus for Klal Yisroel. I still don’t understand why I am rejected. I always got good marks and was never a problem child.

I did well in school and never dreamed that I would have a problem getting into high school. My parents keep telling me that it has nothing to do with me and it’s only because the school owner doesn’t like my father. It makes no sense. My father is the nicest person I know. There were months that he gave away so much tzedakah, we were worried that he would leave nothing left for our family. My parents would give their shirt off their backs to help someone else.

What could the school owner have against my father that he would hate me so much.

I can’t even look at my tehillim anymore. Even if I get into school I have no idea how I will catch up on all the material. When I walk into class everyone will be thinking here is the rejected girl, there must be something wrong with her.

I haven’t seen my mother smile in such a long time. I sometimes wish we didn’t live in Lakewood. I wish we lived in a place where everyone got into school. I am so bored, how many times can I go food shopping with my mother?

Maybe today the school owner will call up my parents and let me into school.

Does he even ever think about me sitting home? I wonder if he has daughters in school.

I wonder if he understands what he has done to me and my family. My parents say don’t have tainos. I don’t know how I could ever forget this. I wonder if his wife knows that I am home crying while everyone is in school. I hope Hashem hears my cries. 56 days is way too long. Here I start crying again and have to stop writing.

The following was sent to the OnlySimchas inbox.

das

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:04 am
I'm floored. I thought Lkwd schools dont open unless everyone has a place?

Sudy

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:05 am
I dont understand. Is there only one high school in Lakewood?

rising hero

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:09 am
As a side note, I hope the mother and neighbor had permission from the daughter to publicize it.

ETA Why cant she go to the same school as her sisters?

Last edited by rising hero on Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:13 am
I think that this deserves to go around so that Lakewood schools may realize how horrifying it is for a child to not be in school. That being said, I am sure someone just wrote it, and that it is not from the diary of one of the girls not enrolled in school.

Zehava

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:14 am
That's not a side note. Reading another persons private diary? And publishing it? Turning it into a shocking headline? That is emotional abuse.

happybeingamom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:17 am
I thought in Lakewood if you already had a sister in the school it is almost like an automatic acceptance?

rising hero

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:21 am
Zehava wrote:
That's not a side note. Reading another persons private diary? And publishing it? Turning it into a shocking headline? That is emotional abuse.

You're right. I didnt mean it as not being important. I meant it as being off topic.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:26 am
happybeingamom wrote:
I thought in Lakewood if you already had a sister in the school it is almost like an automatic acceptance?
It usually is but some schools....not. My DD has a friend who had several older sisters all go to a certain hs, and they did not guarantee her acceptance in advance (but they did accept her in the end.)

My younger sister's best friend was not accepted to high school though her older sister had attended that school. Not in Lakewood. I remember my littlest sister was very nervous before her hs interview, knowing they were not necessarily accepting siblings. Sometimes the dynamic between the school and parents comes into play and affects the younger sibling's acceptance.

It's one of the things that doesn't make me happy or proud - not of Lakewood nor anywhere else. My heart bleeds for these girls.

Chocomama

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:27 am
This makes no sense.

One school owner has it in for a kids father and there are no other schools??

There is NO way this is an accurate picture of the situation. I'm not saying there's no problem going on, but the way this is presented makes me very skeptical.

Ppl are not monsters and its nearly November. There has got to be more to this story.

Zehava

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:29 am
There are plenty people who are monsters, especially those who hold power such as school principals.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:30 am
Chocomama wrote:
This makes no sense.

One school owner has it in for a kids father and there are no other schools??

There is NO way this is an accurate picture of the situation. I'm not saying there's no problem going on, but the way this is presented makes me very skeptical.

Ppl are not monsters and its nearly November. There has got to be more to this story.

There probably is more to the story. But to this young teen, this is the whole story. 56 days and she is still sitting home.

DrMom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:41 am
Not that I doubt there are girls in her situation, but the diary sounds fake to me.

Fox

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:46 am
DrMom wrote:
Not that I doubt there are girls in her situation, but the diary sounds fake to me.

My thought as well.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:58 am
DrMom wrote:

Me to.

According to a poster I saw a few days ago, there are 9 girls not yet accepted to high school.

Simple1

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 12:00 pm
I heard of cases where girls were placed but were stubborn about going to specific schools.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 12:02 pm
Something else doesn't make sense. If there is an older sister in the school, how could this girl not be in school because the guy has something against her father? Wouldn't that preclude the other one from being in that school too?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 12:03 pm
self-actualization wrote:
Even if I get into school I have no idea how I will catch up on all the material. When I walk into class everyone will be thinking here is the rejected girl, there must be something wrong with her.

I also want to say to these girls - the girls will NOT be looking at that way. They are waiting for you with open arms. They are thinking, it could have been me.

I know this for a fact. A girl I know was accepted late to DD's school. She was welcomed with open arms. The girls put together a complete set of notes for her and offered help. They are compassionate, really feeling for the girls.

nywife

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 12:04 pm
Zehava wrote:

I doubt it's a real diary entry. If for no other reason than most people don't write like that to themselves.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 12:07 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
Something else doesn't make sense. If there is an older sister in the school, how could this girl not be in school because the guy has something against her father? Wouldn't that preclude the other one from being in that school too?
They didn't kick out the older one, they just didn't accept the younger sister.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics