Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Infant car seats

Shoelover

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 2:47 pm
Looking for car seat and snap and go recommendations. I want something light and one that looks nice Smile thanks! There are so many options I'm overwhelmed

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 3:16 pm
I liked Chicco... Key fit 30.It was light compared to others. Plus it fits in many snap and go strollers or their travel system (which came with the car seat, so for one price I got a base, a car seat and a stroller! It was just a bit more the price of just the car seat!). Plus the car seat lasts until 30 pounds. (Others are only until 20 or 25) Way over the minimum 1 year and DC was very comfortable until I switched to a RF convertible at 1.5 and that was for height.
Oh and so easy to clean! Car seat cover comes off easily and I washed it on gentle, air dry. No color changes and the car seat looks almost new! Has infant insert too.
The car seat also can be used without the base (needs a seatbelt) for taxis or other cars... Or you can buy extra bases if others will drive baby a lot (we got one for DHs car since it made it simple to install the car seat). So convenient! I bought it a while ago so I don't know the colors out now...

queenert

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 3:56 pm
I found car seats to be the least important baby product -- they all do the job.
We just got a Graco which was fine (though the sun shade wasn't full enough...but I think on most seats they're just too short) but if you're looking for nice, we used the Maxi Cosi a couple times and really liked it. It looks super comfy for baby and has straps that make it really easy to remove the baby without disturbing even if they're sleeping.

Shoelover

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 4:54 pm
Thank you so much. There are a few kinds of maxi cosis. What are the differences?

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 5:01 pm
queenert wrote:
I found car seats to be the least important baby product -- they all do the job.
We just got a Graco which was fine (though the sun shade wasn't full enough...but I think on most seats they're just too short) but if you're looking for nice, we used the Maxi Cosi a couple times and really liked it. It looks super comfy for baby and has straps that make it really easy to remove the baby without disturbing even if they're sleeping.

What is the name? I'm sure there is more than one maxi cosi seat?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 5:16 pm
As far as I know there's only one infant maxi cosi seat that u can use to click into strollers.
Mines called maxi cosi mico ap . It works with most strollers , you just have to buy the specific adapters for what you'll have.
I'm so glad we bought it- it's been so convenient and easy to use! Until the baby was about 4 months , she'd stay asleep in there for hours!

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 5:51 pm
amother wrote:
As far as I know there's only one infant maxi cosi seat that u can use to click into strollers.
Mines called maxi cosi mico ap . It works with most strollers , you just have to buy the specific adapters for what you'll have.
I'm so glad we bought it- it's been so convenient and easy to use! Until the baby was about 4 months , she'd stay asleep in there for hours!

Does it click onto the universal snap n go?
Also is there a difference between AP and MAX?

carrot

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 6:16 pm
I am happy with my Chicco 22. Previously had the Snugride 22, and I like this one better. More attractive, easier to clean, easier to use, and snaps in easily to the Chicco brand snap n go.

I thought I wanted a Maxi Cosi, but found that it did not have a good snap n go that it snapped into as easily, and seemed slightly more finicky to buckle the kid in.

Also, Chicco is supposed to be very safe from the perspective that it is likely to be used correctly (when used with the base... not good for using base-less).

Only drawback that I can see is that the canopy is really small and basically doesn't do much of anything to block the sun. For rain I got a separate thing from Amazon.

Got the 22 because it's a little lighter, cheaper, I like the way it looks, and I have never personally had a kid who weighs more than 22 pounds and still belongs in an infant seat.

Shoelover

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 6:31 pm
I want to be able to use it baseless as I travel a lot and 22lbs sounds heavy

bargainlover

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 7:51 pm
amother wrote:
Does it click onto the universal snap n go?
Also is there a difference between AP and MAX?

Max is a bigger car seat holds a kid up to 30lb and is more roomy AP is until 22 pounds

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 8:30 pm
I did not look into pricey car seats when I needed to get a new one, so I'm going to tell you my thoughts on the Graco options, because a Maxi Cosi is way out of my budget. They're also heavier than most of the Gracos.

Graco has 2 lines now, Classic Connect and Click Connect. I have a feeling the Classic Connect will be phased out, so if you don't have existing strollers to click the car seat into, Classic Connect may not be the best bet if you get a compatible stroller to be used 10 years down the line.

Classic Connect weight is about 7.5 lbs. The 35 lb model has built in lockoffs on the base. The angle, though, isn't the best for all situations. Beware of the cheap ones without a front adjuster.

Click Connect offers the lightest weight car seat in the 30 lb model in the LX version. It's 7 lbs for the carrier. The other seats (not the 40 which weighs 9.6 lbs -- and I got mixed reports about the 35 LX as well) weigh in at 7.5 lbs.
The bases, though, differ immensely. The LX in 30 and 35 as well as the 40 have push button LATCH connectors instead of clips. But only the 35 LX and 40, as well as SOME of the regular 35s have dials to help adjust the base. The dials I found are a very useful feature to make sure the recline is at the right angle for your vehicle and stage in your baby's development. To complicate matters further, the dial base that comes with some of the 35s with the clip connectors do NOT have built in lockoffs but the LX version, which is also sold separately, does. Confused yet?

Anyway, I decided on getting a regular 35 with a dial base for a 7.5 lb weight (I gave up on the extra half lb of lightness, figuring that gets used up soon as the baby grows anyway, and my previous one was 7.6 lbs) and getting a second LX base with built in lockoffs for my second vehicle installation without LATCH (truthfully, this is not necessary as we have seatbelts with automatic retractors that can be locked easily without a locking clip, but the dial bases sold separately are only the LX version).
http://amzn.to/1kcdM0D and http://amzn.to/1GKLTHg

I will note the canopy is deep but very annoying with the handle.

I have an old Kolcraft Universal Car Seat Carrier type of snap n go which just barely fits this with the strap at its largest.

HelloG

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 6:29 am
Maxi cozi is very small I found. Baby grew out of it sooner somehow
Anyone second this?

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 7:06 am
AmGold wrote:
Anyone second this?

How big was your baby? My biggest was 6.9, and my youngest is 25lbs at 3.5 years old....

Shoelover

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 9:01 am
Did anybody try the nuna pipa?

sv123

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 11:09 am
AmGold wrote:
Anyone second this?

Yes, I totally agree with this. I had to switch my baby out of it by 10 months.

carrot

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 3:43 pm
Shoelover wrote:
I want to be able to use it baseless as I travel a lot and 22lbs sounds heavy

Yeah, it's not necessarily a good one for traveling a lot.

To clarify, it doesn't weigh 22 lbs! It is approved for use with babies up to 22 lbs. When I was doing research I came away with the impression that it's relatively lightweight (definitely lighter than the Chicco that is approved for larger babies) but I don't remember numbers.

Zehava

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 3:52 pm
Love my snug ride 35. Dc was comfortable in it until literally his second birthday and we're switching now because of height. The max weight is 35 lbs. when he was born I insisted on something that will carry him through until two years old and so glad I did. It worked with the graco snap and go.

pinkpeonies

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 9:00 pm
sv123 wrote:
Yes, I totally agree with this. I had to switch my baby out of it by 10 months.

The Maxi Cosi AP is very small, you need to get the maxi Cosi 30, that one will accomodate larger babies and it also has a bigger canopy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics