Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Wissotzky Tea

amother
Black

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 2:25 pm
Are they gluten free? I emailed the company but I want a tea now and I really like their teas!!! coffee Help

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 2:46 pm
amother wrote:
Are they gluten free? I emailed the company but I want a tea now and I really like their teas!!! coffee Help

It never even occurred to me that they wouldn't be!! Why would tea bags have gluten in them?

amother
Black

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 2:50 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
Why would tea bags have gluten in them?

What Scratching Head

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 2:51 pm
Gluten exists only in grains from which you can make normal bread. Unless a tea contains grains--which you would know because it would be in the list of ingredients--it is always gluten-free. The only reason teas bear a label "gluten-free" is that GF has become the new "cholesterol-free". Everyone wants it. Hence absurdities like "cholesterol-free" peanut butter. All peanut-butter is cholesterol-free because cholesterol is only found in animal sources. But I digress. Gluten is only found in grains, and not even all grains. Only wheat, spelt, barley, rye, triticale and kamut, whatever those are. So if your tea happens to contain oat powder or corn starch or millet, go ahead and enjoy anyway.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 2:53 pm
amother wrote:
What Scratching Head

Why are you scratching your head?

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 2:54 pm
zaq wrote:
Gluten exists only in grains from which you can make normal bread. Unless a tea contains grains--which you would know because it would be in the list of ingredients--it is always gluten-free. The only reason teas bear a label "gluten-free" is that GF has become the new "cholesterol-free". Everyone wants it. Hence absurdities like "cholesterol-free" peanut butter. All peanut-butter is cholesterol-free because cholesterol is only found in animal sources. But I digress. Gluten is only found in grains, and not even all grains. Only wheat, spelt, barley, rye, triticale and kamut, whatever those are. So if your tea happens to contain oat powder or corn starch or millet, go ahead and enjoy anyway.

Also in oats

amother
Black

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 2:54 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
Why are you scratching your head?

Cuz I'm not sure of the answer to your Question

amother
Black

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 2:55 pm
zaq wrote:

I hear what you are saying, however, there can be a cross contamination....

animeme

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 3:03 pm
http://celiacdisease.about.com.....e.htm

http://healthyeating.sfgate.co......html

Just from googling "tea gluten ". Gluten hides in weird places.

myself

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 3:09 pm
According to Koshervitamins.com the Fruity Floral Boquet from the Leaves Collection by Wissotzky is gluten free.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen