Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Paint colors for basement

asweet

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 9:21 pm
We are finally painting our basement for the first time its a pretty low ceiling and I want to keep the place looking as airy and bright as possible.

Its one big family room and a smaller room which we'll put an extra freezer and the toy closets and bookshelf.

I want to keep the basic color white as I don't want the place to look smaller. I want to do 2 stripes as a border across the wall , one color should be red as I have a red couch ( and happen to love the color...) but I'm not sure what color for the other stripe either plum or teal.

Any ideas?

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:10 pm
Both plum and teal clash with red, unless by "red" you mean a red with strong blue content like cranberry/bordeaux/maroon, not the color of fire engines. What kind of tone do you want to set? Yellow or orange will create an energetic aura; green will evoke either the December holidays or a pizza shop; I would go for a deep blue but folks might ask you where you're setting up the fireworks for the Fourth.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics