Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 1:11 pm

Last edited by amother on Sun, Nov 19 2017, 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

littleprincess

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 1:24 pm
Mazel tov on ur move. Hope u manage to settle in very fast.
SHabbes key belt and hot plate can both be ordered on Amazon

There's a website for grocery shopping from Belgium called kosher4u. They deliver all over Europe. We used them on vacation.

Hatzlacha

5mom

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 1:25 pm
Bizarrely, you can order a shabbos key belt on Amazon.

In terms of the other stuff, are you near any sort of Jewish community? Sounds like you could use a rabbi.

trixx

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 1:56 pm
where in germany? there is chabad there, check them if you need community
http://www.chabad.org/centers/.....y.htm

amother
Green

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 2:35 pm
In most of N Europe it is cold so I would imagine like in the UK you don't need to freeze or sift flour or grains.

Suggest contacting your local shul or chabad. Germany has some frum communities, of varying sizes. Local sources will be able to help you more.

Raisin

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 2:38 pm
no Germany gets really hot.

What city are you in?

Definitely contact the local chabad or rabbi and they should beable to help you.

baba

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 4:24 pm
I was told by the rabbi's wife here in Switzerland that there's no need to sift flower.

What kind of kitchen supplies do you need? Most communities, even smaller ones, sell the basic supplies, though usually they're not cheap. As around.

You also get creative. I once randomly found a keychain that could easily work as a shabbes bracelet, so now I use that.

Once you get the hang of it, it does get easier!

Iymnok

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 4:37 pm
Berlin has a community, get in touch and see what the locals do.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 4:55 pm
herzlich willkommen!
where in germany do you live?
no I dont live in germany but in neighbouring austria. are you further up north? or more towards the south? maybe you can have stuff shipped from here.
flour def doesnt need to be sifted, (unless you buy the real cheap ones from ALDI). I keep them in the fridge in the summer months just in case.
if there is any way I can help as "neighbour" let me know!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 4:58 pm
We are part of a community already but we have badgered people so much that I wanted to take a break from being needy to them and turn to imamother :-)

There is no eruv so I rarely see the women of the community (someone has to watch the kids over Shabbat) otherwise I would ask about the flour and a million other things. I wanted to make challot for shabbat and thought asking here re: flour would be easier.

Regarding platot on [German] Amazon, some seem to have issues being shabbat friendly (dials, power off functions, temperature ranges). Is there a list of the approved types in Europe, similar to the kosher food lists?

I want to eventually make some friends in this new city so I don't want to nag everyone I see all the time!! Thank you for your responses and well wishes!

Last edited by amother on Sun, Nov 19 2017, 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 5:07 pm
milkmilk wrote:
We are part of a community already but we have badgered people so much that I wanted to take a break from being needy to them and turn to imamother :-)

There is no eruv so I rarely see the women of the community (someone has to watch the kids over Shabbat) otherwise I would ask about the flour and a million other things. I wanted to make challot for shabbat and thought asking here re: flour would be easier.

Regarding platot on [German] Amazon, some seem to have issues being shabbat friendly (dials, power off functions, temperature ranges). Is there a list of the approved types in Europe, similar to the kosher food lists?

I want to eventually make some friends in this new city so I don't want to nag everyone I see all the time!! Thank you for your responses and well wishes!

the hotplates we have bought in the stores here never seemed to work as well as a "real" plata. so depending if you are closer to austria or belgium, I suggest you have it shipped from a jewish store there or here.

baba

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 5:24 pm
Next time you're in a kosher store, ask. They might have one or know who does. Like I said, even the smaller communities tend to have these basics.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen