Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
A better reality: what can I do to improve?
1  2  Next

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 9:39 pm
I'm submitting the following to the "court of Imamother" for some suggestions:

The other day I had my friend over and was discussing the coming of Moshiach. I wanted to help her feel better about recent global events so I hoped I could open up to her even if it was difficult for me to be more transparent.

I told her that the soul of Moshiach is already here and I needed her help. Much of what's going on spiritually isn't obvious in the physical world and I don't like seeing so much pain. I figured I would be questioned which is why I didn't initially want to say anything. She said it couldn't be possible because there would be a Shofar blast. So in a moment of what I can only call pure insanity I said I would prove it to her. I had no idea how this would work out but just trusted that G-d would back me up.

I instinctively picked up my phone and the screen scrolled down to a new Facebook post from one of our mutual friends. It said "Has anyone been hearing the shofar blows tonight?"

At that point my friend picked up her phone and there was a flurry of messages from women in our community who were hearing Shofar blasts. It was more than one family and not restricted to an immediate geographical vicinity.

During that moment I know she knew what was happening but now she is doubting it.

Does anyone else have suggestions of what I can do to ask G-d for more proof? Or should I ask? Does it help? Should I do nothing?

My sincere gratitude,

-m.e.

rikki!

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 9:49 pm
amother wrote:
I'm submitting the following to the "court of Imamother" for some suggestions:

The other day I had my friend over and was discussing the coming of Moshiach. I wanted to help her feel better about recent global events so I hoped I could open up to her even if it was difficult for me to be more transparent.

I told her that the soul of Moshiach is already here and I needed her help. Much of what's going on spiritually isn't obvious in the physical world and I don't like seeing so much pain. I figured I would be questioned which is why I didn't initially want to say anything. She said it couldn't be possible because there would be a Shofar blast. So in a moment of what I can only call pure insanity I said I would prove it to her. I had no idea how this would work out but just trusted that G-d would back me up.

I instinctively picked up my phone and the screen scrolled down to a new Facebook post from one of our mutual friends. It said "Has anyone been hearing the shofar blows tonight?"

At that point my friend picked up her phone and there was a flurry of messages from women in our community who were hearing Shofar blasts. It was more than one family and not restricted to an immediate geographical vicinity.

During that moment I know she knew what was happening but now she is doubting it.

Does anyone else have suggestions of what I can do to ask G-d for more proof? Or should I ask? Does it help? Should I do nothing?

My sincere gratitude,

-m.e.

Just trying to make sense of your post. What do you mean by needing her help. In what way?

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:03 pm
[removed, that was so insulting]

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:06 pm
It seems my soul has most natural ability in thought. Less in speech and action. So, if I want to communicate anything I need the help of my friends.

I wasn't going to say anything but when I realized how upset everyone is with the current global reality I figured it wasn't good to stay silent. Possibly it is?

I have difficulty understanding other people's perspectives so I actually have to ask them how they see the world because I think I've been seeing something different.

To me the world seems nearly perfected. It looks reflective and transparent. However I'd say that there is a "big mess on the floor" that needs to be cleaned up. Not sure if I'm making any sense. Most of the time I see the world in metaphor so I'm trying to figure out how to make it more "real".

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:12 pm
oliveoil wrote:

I don't know what was said but we are all here to learn different lessons. Everyone is important and we can't accomplish what we need to unless we all work together.

For years I have pretended to be someone other than myself because I don't want to be attacked. A verbal attack is still real. It's like a knife that divides our heart or a stabbing dagger in the back.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:15 pm
oliveoil wrote:

Seriously? The op is clearly delusional or experiencing some sort of altered state of reality.

Swissmiss

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:20 pm
oliveoil wrote:
Seriously? The op is clearly delusional or experiencing some sort of altered state of reality.

In what way is what you said helpful?

rikki!

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:25 pm
amother wrote:
It seems my soul has most natural ability in thought. Less in speech and action. So, if I want to communicate anything I need the help of my friends.

I wasn't going to say anything but when I realized how upset everyone is with the current global reality I figured it wasn't good to stay silent. Possibly it is?

I have difficulty understanding other people's perspectives so I actually have to ask them how they see the world because I think I've been seeing something different.

To me the world seems nearly perfected. It looks reflective and transparent. However I'd say that there is a "big mess on the floor" that needs to be cleaned up. Not sure if I'm making any sense. Most of the time I see the world in metaphor so I'm trying to figure out how to make it more "real".

What is the "big mess on the floor" you're referring to? Care to elaborate?

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:26 pm
Swissmiss wrote:
In what way is what you said helpful?

Here is how it is helpful:

Please help the hurtful words stop. It is extremely critical at this time. I don't know how much I can stress this point. Our words help create this reality even if we don't realize it.

trixx

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:44 pm
This is the weirdest thread I've come across yet.

Swissmiss

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:46 pm
amother wrote:
Here is how it is helpful:

Please help the hurtful words stop. It is extremely critical at this time. I don't know how much I can stress this point. Our words help create this reality even if we don't realize it.

Gray, I was addressing olive oil's comment not your post

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:52 pm
I don't really understand.
OP, can you explain more please. You know that moshiach is almost coming? How do you know?

Also, what about the shofar blasts? I did not hear any recently.

What do you need to improve?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 1:14 am
I don't understand. Op- are you saying you think you're moshiach?

November

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 1:22 am
I think OP is saying that she can feel the coming of mashiach, and if more people believed that that was happening, it would happen sooner. Is that correct?

justforfun87

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 1:48 am
These seem to be grandeur ideas. While moshiach may be on his way, I do not think you are personally responsible for bringing out the proof or message. Are you able to sleep? Are these thoughts bothering you? It may be worth to talk to someone in real life.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 2:46 am
Eliyahu Hanavi will come three days before moshiach comes.
There is someone in each generation who is worthy enough to be moshiach. The question is if the rest of the world is ready. WE have to do our best.
Telling everyone else to fix the mess won't cut it.

We have lots of sources describing the time. The Rambam has a lot.

Op, I really don't understand your post though.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 2:47 am
November wrote:
I think OP is saying that she can feel the coming of mashiach, and if more people believed that that was happening, it would happen sooner. Is that correct?

Shabbsai Tzvi said a similar thing.

pause

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 11:37 am
OP needs to go for professional help to get the voices out of her head.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 1:34 pm
amother wrote:

My sincere gratitude,

-m.e.
Why don't you just daven that the whole world should hear the Shofar, which will be a continuous blast and will get louder and louder? I haven't heard it yet, and neither has anyone I know of.

checkbefore

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 1:45 pm
What in the world?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics