Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Am I overreacting to the teacher's reaction?
Previous  1  2

Dandelion1

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 6:13 pm
Double post

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 6:33 pm
aleph wrote:
I would let these incidents go. I personally would not speak to the teacher because these issues sound very nitpicky and I'd be reluctant to have the teacher/school mentally label me that way. IMO, it's better to save your credibility for the possibility of a more significant issue down the line.

The version you are getting from your dd could be very skewed.... Not intentionally dishonest, but just a representation from her limited perspective. I partially say that because in both cases, the behavior that she reports on the part of the other child sounds really off. She was passing the marker but the other child grabbed and hit her anyway? Another child just stood there drawing on her jacket until it was completely covered with chalk? It just seems a little unlikely that that is exactly how it happened....

I agree with Aleph... The stories both seem a little odd. Whether or not you choose to clarify the details with her teachers, I definitely think your dd's version is slanted by the natually limited perspective of a 3 year old.

One additional point on the chalk story- even if it happened exactly as your dd said, did she tell it to her teacher that way? Her teacher may have thought that she was upset about chalk on her coat (presumably the teacher knew that children were playing with chalk) in which case her response was totally appropriate.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 6:41 pm
amother wrote:
No you are not, and how exactly is that relevant?

I thought the same... Because you're taking a story from your 3 year old dd at face value, which ppl will do much more often with their oldest than with later children. No matter how bright and articulate a 3 year old is (and believe me, I've had one of those) the child is still 3. You should never disregard the stories children come home with, but you definitely should double check details and context before getting all upset about it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers