Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Amazon Mom

magenta

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 12:56 am
How does the diaper subscription work? Do you actually end up saving $$$?
Any other suggestions for cost effective baby diapers?

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 1:27 am
magenta wrote:
How does the diaper subscription work? Do you actually end up saving $$$?
Any other suggestions for cost effective baby diapers?

The absolute cheapest I have found is a drop time consuming but worthwhile anyways... TARGET. Get coupons (newspapers tend to have the highest value) or online at the brands website and/or coupons.com. Save for their "buy 2 boxes, get a gift card" deal. A few weeks ago they had an amazing deal- it was like spend 100 or 150 get a bonus gift card... So you got the gift card for every 2 boxes PLUS the bonus. A lot to lay out but you get super cheap diapers (when you roll gift cards from one trip to another). That sale is rare but the regular gift card deal is decent. Better than drug stores usually.
This week at Target: B2, use coupons from this weeks paper, $2-3 (regional differences depending on where you live) off EACH box of pampers. Get $10 gift card, so that is like an extra $5 off each box. So from 25 a box it is now 17-18 a box depending on how high your coupon was.
Once was a 20 off 3! Did that deal for sure!!

Also check target website and cartwheel and target baby mobile coupons for matching deals. Not often do they have it where you can do more than once but I did it.
You can use ONE manufacturer coupon per item. And ONE Target coupon OR mobile coupons can be used on top of that. Cartwheel can be a nice bonus...

But amazon is delivered to your door. Much easier but not always cheapest.

gande

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 4:12 am
The way it works is that you sign up to automatically receive a delivery every month or few months, whatever you set up. If your baby changes sizes you have to remember to update the information. They send you an email before it ships and you can make changes or cancelations to your order. You save 15 percent off the regular price. If you are not picky about brands, the Luvs come out to about $24 for a big boX. The wipes are reasonable too. I am very satisfied with this service. I have been using them for about five years

magenta

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 6:26 am
Little ducky , which brand from target? And how do know about the deals? I sign up for e-mails?
Thanks gande!
It's connected with Prime $99 membership?

gande

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 8:50 am
Yes I believe so. You might be able to get a free trial though..

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 11:27 am
magenta wrote:
Little ducky , which brand from target? And how do know about the deals? I sign up for e-mails?
Thanks gande!
It's connected with Prime $99 membership?

I buy only pampers or Huggies, depending on which is on sale/has coupons that week. I buy enough to stock up for a month or so since the newspaper coupons don't always come out exactly when I need more. The giftcard deals often include other brands but their up and up brand can be more expensive when you shop like I do! And I hate Luvs...
Look at the weekly ads- if you get the Sunday paper (has the coupons) the ads are there. Or there are websites... Thekrazycouponlady has one that you can search by store. And on Sunday or Monday they usually post who has best "baby deals" of the week. But I usually just do my own math.
I aim for less than 20 cents a diaper (I count value of rewards like gift cards earned in the transaction I earned them, not spent them), less for smaller sizes. Size 5 and up, you are golden at 18 or19 cents but newborn, you want closer to 12-14.
Speaking retail can be 40-50 cents or more.... I like my numbers. But it took some time to learn and I don't always get within my aim. Depends on if I misjudged how long my diapers will last Very Happy .

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 11:35 am
I use Target brand and if possible stock up when they have gift card deals (I bought 2 bulk packages a couple weeks ago for $30 back, much cheaper than name brands and we don't react to these and they work well for my 2 yo). They also have a S&S option for 5% off I think, but gift cards are usually a better promotion. I have a Target RedCard so it's 5% off everything to begin with plus free shipping.

smss

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 12:10 pm
Target diapers always leaked for my kids. Maybe try a small pack before you buy multiple big packs.

busydev

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 9:50 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I use Target brand and if possible stock up when they have gift card deals (I bought 2 bulk packages a couple weeks ago for $30 back, much cheaper than name brands and we don't react to these and they work well for my 2 yo). They also have a S&S option for 5% off I think, but gift cards are usually a better promotion. I have a Target RedCard so it's 5% off everything to begin with plus free shipping.

Today I subscribed for 2 diff sized target diapers so got 30% off plus there was a $10 gift card for two boxes of diapers promotion plus my 5% from my target card. (and subscriptions can always be changed and cancelled for the future to get to the next gift card promotion. they have them very often....

yidisheh mama

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 9:58 pm
open an account on jet.com. you can get $15off your first purchase with the code android15. dont put in any other codes, because they will only let you use 1 code-the one with the least savings. I bought a case of pampers for $16! I added another $5 worth of items to get the $35 free shipping) Its only a 1 time thing, but its worth it...

magenta

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 11:45 pm
Wow thanks so much for helping me out! So far I've been buying in local stores and paying a fortune. I really have to sit down and figure out what will work for us.

The coupons and deals seem tempting but I don't know if I will have patience to keep it up.

LD, Why don't you like Luvs?

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 11:25 am
magenta wrote:
Wow thanks so much for helping me out! So far I've been buying in local stores and paying a fortune. I really have to sit down and figure out what will work for us.

The coupons and deals seem tempting but I don't know if I will have patience to keep it up.

LD, Why don't you like Luvs?

I found they leaked a ton! I bought them when it was on sale for 4.50 a bag. (I thought that was a steal but I didn't know about couponing for the cases yet!) so I used them but I had to change much more frequently. It didn't keep the smell in either. It made my life so much crazier because a diaper lasted one tiny urination before smelling and the absorbency wasn't there. Terrible for car rides!

Couponing is hard work but once you figure it out, write down what you need to do. Then follow all the rules. And make sure to give the coupons over before paying! Oh and double check that they match the items you bought! If it says swaddlers, you can't buy snug and dry. If it says 42 count or higher, no buying the little bags! The coupons will beep and you are put on the spot if you still want them without the coupons.
Try it once... The savings are what gets us in budget! Diapers add up!

lifesagift

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 11:10 pm
I don't know if this was mentioned, but luvs gives my baby an itchy bottom. add on a tube balmex and its no longer so cheap.. I am happy with shoprites brand tho (also sold in some stores under the cuties brand).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics