Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Please help me write thank you to doctor

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 10:17 am
I'm expecting and had a really hard time this pregnancy. For three months I suffered terribly, and my doctor worked with me trying to figure out what was causing it. I called and emailed him alot and he was very attentive. At my last visit he finally figured out what I was suffering from and gave me a medication that has completely changed my life. I can get out of bed, eat and really move on with life.

I'm not seeing him this visit, but I was thinking of leaving him a box of chocolate in the office with a note to thank him for his diagnosis and empathy. I never called him to let him know he was on target - and would like to do that in a note. Any ideas what to write?

One more thing - is it weird to give a gift while I still have 2 months to go? Can you give a gift mid-pregnancy?

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 10:22 am
I don't give gifts to Drs. They get paid for their services.

yamz

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 10:26 am
Just my two cents, but the doctor really doesn't need your gift. Most doctors (established ones anyway) have plenty of money and can buy themselves whatever they want. Accepting gifts from clients or patients can be a bit awkward. A note or email expressing your appreciation for his time and effort is more than adequate and will be meaningful on its own.

I'm so happy for you that you found relief OP, and b'shaa tova!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics