Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Just a reminder to vaccinate your kids! :)
1  2  Next

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 6:50 pm
The benefits and protection outweigh the minuscule risks of vaccines (including the flu shot!) Be wary of individuals who send you dubious links from "health" sites on the Internet. And finally - hope everyone stays well as the weather gets cooler!
-Dr. Eema

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 7:18 pm
If you're like me and have suffered irreversible damage after receiving a flu shot, you may take your time in deciding whether the flu shot is right for you.
It's a bit like being pregnant for the first time- all at once y'notice other pregnant women and all at once y'notice strollers and babies, more so than before.
Same with vaccine injury- I had not been aware of adverse reactions until I fell prey to it, and then all at once, as I shared my story with others, I heard lots of, ''Me too, it happened to me too.''
Anonymous cuz a lot of you know me in real life -

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 7:20 pm
What is the point of these threads? It's overkill at this point.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 7:22 pm
amother wrote:
If you're like me and have suffered irreversible damage after receiving a flu shot, you may take your time in deciding whether the flu shot is right for you.
It's a bit like being pregnant for the first time- all at once y'notice other pregnant women and all at once y'notice strollers and babies, more so than before.
Same with vaccine injury- I had not been aware of adverse reactions until I fell prey to it, and then all at once, as I shared my story with others, I heard lots of, ''Me too, it happened to me too.''
Anonymous cuz a lot of you know me in real life -

How do you know for sure your illness was caused by a "vaccine injury?" Correlation is not causation.

happyfaces

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 7:29 pm
Not again!

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 7:32 pm
Is that like asking, ''How do you know the death of this family was cuz they didn't have a mezuza on the door?'' or, ''How do you know that your sin caused the tragedy you are experiencing now?'' ?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 8:19 pm
amother wrote:
Is that like asking, ''How do you know the death of this family was cuz they didn't have a mezuza on the door?'' or, ''How do you know that your sin caused the tragedy you are experiencing now?'' ?

I don't know, you tell us. Is your proof as vague as those?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 8:42 pm
amother wrote:
How do you know for sure your illness was caused by a "vaccine injury?" Correlation is not causation.

one of the most cliché phrases ever said. Rolling Eyes

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 8:43 pm
[quote="amother"]one of the most cliché phrases ever said. Rolling Eyes[/quote

Um no. It's an extremely important mathematical concept that most people don't understand.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 9:48 pm
[quote="amother"]
amother wrote:
one of the most cliché phrases ever said. Rolling Eyes[/quote

Um no. It's an extremely important mathematical concept that most people don't understand.

...especially those who oppose vaccinations.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 9:49 pm
amother wrote:

Still waiting for an answer on how she knows her illness was caused by the flu shot.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 9:57 pm
amother wrote:
Still waiting for an answer on how she knows her illness was caused by the flu shot.

When people blame illnesses on a shot, it's nearly always because the illness happens SUDDENLY after vaccinating. So sure, it could be a total coincidence that a person (or child) in perfect health collapses to floor in seizures minutes after a shot and dies the next day. But thousands of stories later, we don't trust the doctors who assure it can't possibly be from the shot.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 10:01 pm
amother wrote:
When people blame illnesses on a shot, it's nearly always because the illness happens SUDDENLY after vaccinating. So sure, it could be a total coincidence that a person (or child) in perfect health collapses to floor in seizures minutes after a shot and dies the next day. But thousands of stories later, we don't trust the doctors who assure it can't possibly be from the shot.

I highly doubt that most of the people reporting vaccine injury had symptoms MINUTES after the shot.

pause

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 10:23 pm
amother wrote:
I highly doubt that most of the people reporting vaccine injury had symptoms MINUTES after the shot.
With an amother color of PEACH, you are on the wrong side of the debate! LOL LOL LOL

write on

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 4:11 am
A few years back, I vaccinated all my kids against the flu as I do every year. A couple hours later, one of my kids collapsed and had a seizure.

Before all the anti-vaxxers start drooling, I need to finish the story:

He is a child that has had febrile seizures in the past.
He suddenly got a very high fever.
Next day we found out that he had strep.

Do I still vaccinate him against the flu?

Yes.

Causation vs. correlation are not vague, cliched concepts. They are real and true. That said, there is also a limit to how much we know and understand. My policy is to research it (from REPUTABLE SOURCES), daven, and consult my own da'as Torah.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 6:42 am
If you are going to doubt another mint and make her PROVE what she says, at least do it under your own name.
That being said, I vaccinate on a delayed schedule. There are also a few that I just don't give. Flu is one of them. BH my kids (and my husband and myself) have never gotten the flu. Is there a possibility of complications? Sure. but after speaking with people in the medical field and doing my own research, I've come to the conclusion that giving the vaccine is just not with it for us. BH this year I don't have any children who fall into the "mandatory by NYC" category, so at least for now I'm off the hook.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 6:46 am
amother wrote:

A reaction within minutes after the shot is either an allergic reaction or a nurse/doctor giving the shot in the wrong location. Giving the injection too high is actually the most common vaccine injury/cause of vaccine payout even though it doesn't happen often.

mille

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 7:23 am
Saying "correlation is not causation" is like saying "minhag is not halacha". It's simply a true fact. It's not a cliche. It's stating that some people confuse the former as being the latter, but it is not the case. It's not something you can refute, it doesn't work like that.

You can argue that there was causation, but without actual proof, you are basically just stating your (probably uneducated) best guess on what was the cause, rather than stating fact.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 11:09 am
If correlation is not causation, why then has the VICP paid out billions for those injured by vaccines? and why did my healthy/normal 3yo niece regress into autism after a flu vaccine? is it not possible that causation can be a correlation?

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 3:07 pm
amother wrote:
and why did my healthy/normal 3yo niece regress into autism after a flu vaccine? is it not possible that causation can be a correlation?
Because All children with autism ARE perfectly normal before they regress.

You don't acquire autism, it's there from birth. It just comes out in every kid at a different age.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics