Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Movie for husband's birthday

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 8:34 pm
It's dh's birthday and I was thinking dinner and a movie. I looked at the movies playing

Spectre - dh not into james bond and truthfully, neither am I

Goosebumps - too kiddy

The Martian - don't think he will go for it because it's slightly science fictiony. Am I wrong? IS it good?

Burnt - dh HATES food related programs (even though I would enjoy it)

Bridge of Spies - I don't know if it's good

The Last Witch Hunter - again science fiction

Hotel Transylvania 2 - kiddy

Our Brand Is Crisis - good? Reviews weren't so great

Steve Jobs - also, any ideas?

Crimson Peak - never heard of it

The Intern -seems good. But it's already 6 weeks old, another few weeks and it will be out on dvd, but we don't really have a proper dvd player, only on laptop so we would only be able to pay for something on demand online so may be worth to see it in theaters if it's really good/

Truth - never heard of it

Pan - totally not his style

Jem and the Holograms -girly Smile

Help a lady out? THANKS!

bigsis144

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 8:52 pm
Crimson Peak is Gothic Horror (think Edgar Allan Poe -- bloody yet poetic). It's directed by Guillermo del Toro, so the visuals will be haunting and beautiful. Definitely some disturbing images. And Tom Hiddleston's naked bum.

Oh, and...

*walks a mile away so I can scream my lungs out without hurting anybody*

WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST SCIENCE FICTION!?!?! Science fiction can be the best genre out there because its scope can be as realistic or fantastic or huge or small or human or astronomical as you want! The possibilities are endless!

*hyperventilates*

The Martian is about an astronaut stranded on Mars who has to "science the **** out of this" and figure out how to survive until help can arrive. I've heard great things about it and look forward to seeing it. It's supposedly very realistic, I.e. the threats are running out of food and air and dealing with the isolation (and the solutions are based in actual science), as opposed to aliens or contrived dangers with technobabble solutions like "reverse the polarity of the neutron flow!". It's got a 93% on Rotten Tomatoes! And it's directed by Ridley Scott, so it will also be a visually stunning film.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 9:26 pm
I'm not against science fiction or science films in general but I'm not sure dh would appreciate it. His brain is more business oriented and doesn't enjoy science or fantasy etc.. He likes action and money and romance LOL stories

Amarante

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 9:50 pm
What about the The Social Network. It's the story of Facebook. If he likes business, he would be interested.

Has he seen some of the classics like Godfather.

Oops you want movie now playing. Kind of a lull now before they release the films they think will be up for an Oscar. Jobs want super well reviewed but if he finds yme subject matter appealing, he would probably like.

November

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 1:28 am
Truth is not for anyone who votes Republican - it's about lies manufactured about George Bush

fashgurl

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 7:34 am
I don't know if a movie is the best way to 'spend time' with someone on their birthday, but if that's what you choose to do, then definitely - 'The Intern'.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 7:56 am
bigsis144 wrote:
Crimson Peak is Gothic Horror (think Edgar Allan Poe -- bloody yet poetic). It's directed by Guillermo del Toro, so the visuals will be haunting and beautiful. Definitely some disturbing images. And Tom Hiddleston's naked bum.

Oh, and...

*walks a mile away so I can scream my lungs out without hurting anybody*

WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST SCIENCE FICTION!?!?! Science fiction can be the best genre out there because its scope can be as realistic or fantastic or huge or small or human or astronomical as you want! The possibilities are endless!

*hyperventilates*

The Martian is about an astronaut stranded on Mars who has to "science the **** out of this" and figure out how to survive until help can arrive. I've heard great things about it and look forward to seeing it. It's supposedly very realistic, I.e. the threats are running out of food and air and dealing with the isolation (and the solutions are based in actual science), as opposed to aliens or contrived dangers with technobabble solutions like "reverse the polarity of the neutron flow!". It's got a 93% on Rotten Tomatoes! And it's directed by Ridley Scott, so it will also be a visually stunning film.

Lol I was going to post the same thing.

The Martian is more of a survival movie if your DH likes that kind of thing. Think 127 hours. Except with absolutely gooooorgeous visuals of Mars and space. And science yes of course but...life is science!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics