Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Do I need to pay her?

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 8:44 pm
my cleaning lady works in my home 5 days a week. I will not be home for one week. Do I have to pay her for not working? I know she will be very upset to be losing out on the money.

ohnuts!

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 8:47 pm
can you find someone who can use her services for those days and they can pay her? that's what I would do

Amarante

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 9:01 pm
Yes in my opinion since she is really a full time employee. Think of it as paid vacation or time off. Most people I know give vacation to their full time help and give at least the equivalent of a weeks salary for the holiday bonus.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 9:09 pm
Yes, you have to pay. It's not her fault that you will be away. I have 5-days-week help and I pay if I choose to be away.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 9:27 pm
If she is a full time employee, either pay her or find her a job for that week.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 9:30 pm
It depends on what is normal in your area. No one pays where I live. I go away for a few weeks in the summer and I don't pay.

cm

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 9:52 pm
To pay her would be the right thing to do. Besides, you may find yourself without a cleaning woman when you come back if you do not pay her.

Happy18

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 9:55 pm
Its the appropriate thing to pay her. When it's yuntif or we go away its accepted that we pay our babysitter and all of our friends do the same thing. Why should they suffer because you are going away. If you can find someone to take her time and she's ok with that so you don't have to pay great. She shouldn't lose out.

amother
White

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 10:07 pm
Just throwing out another idea there. I only have help one day a week but when I went away I had a neighbor let her in and I gave her a very detailed list of what to do...she did all my deep cleaning and I came back to a sparkling clean house. Do u have anyone to let her in and check up on her and can u give her stuff she never gets to when u r home to do?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 8:38 am
amother wrote:
It depends on what is normal in your area. No one pays where I live. I go away for a few weeks in the summer and I don't pay.

That's different - if she knows well in advance that she has the summer off and can arrange other jobs, etc....

OP did you give her advance notice that you will be away for the week? Does she have the possibility of making arrangements for other job opportunities?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics