Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Metrojet plane may have been taken down by bomb on board
Previous  1  2

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 3:50 am
DrMom wrote:
They don't think there's a bomb in water. They suspect the liquid in your water-bottle is not actually water, but rather a component of a chemical explosive.

I agree that most TSA activities are "security theater."

Most of the workers in TSA are more scary than the people flying. Very Happy
If they weren't wearing security uniforms I wouldn't stand next to them.
I find it the biggest joke that b/c they confiscate people's water bottles they are keeping us safe.

On our recent trip, we were allowed to bring water because we were flying with a baby [who was drinking materna ] We purchased a few water bottles in 7-11 right before the airport. They were confiscated with the logic that since they were cold it must not have been for the baby. .Seriously..

On another trip, they told me my name didn't match my ticket because on the ticket it said Ms next to my name with no space in between I.e. LeahMs and on my ID it said Ms. Leah.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 4:53 am
Flying out of Seattle always terrified me. Nearly all of the screeners are Muslim, complete with hijab. I f your ticket says you are flying to Israel, they pull you aside for "special screening", but if you are wearing a burqa they wavr you right through, with no pat down whatsoever (wouldn't want to offend their modesty, you know.) The double standards are so obvious it's almost laughable.

I've flown in and out of Seattle a lot in the past few years, and it's always the same way, so you can't say that it was just a one time thing. While waiting in the "special" line, I've talked to other "lucky" passengers, and they all have the same stories to tell.

shoshanim999

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 6:55 am
notshanarishona wrote:
The risks of a bomb in water are so low that it is a joke the way they go crazy over water .
If you stop water, you will get the underwater bomber.
If you get x ray machines, you will get people putting bombs on pregnant ladies or people who can't go through the x ray machines.
Terrorists are always one step ahead. They don't attempt the same bomb two times in a row.

Actually the terrorists are around 10 steps behind. That's why there hasn't been a single successful domestic incident on a plane since 9-11.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 8:26 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Most of the workers in TSA are more scary than the people flying. Very Happy

I hear stories like the ones I snipped, and I can believe them. But I've been flying a lot more the last few years and the TSA people seem ok to me, at least the airports and times I've flown.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics