Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shtisel - WITH spoilers :) including season 3
  Previous  1  2  3 18  19  20 75  76  77  Next

njyenta

Post Wed, Feb 24 2016, 6:03 pm
So I watched both season 1 and season 2 with hebrew captions. I got the gist of it but I am missing some things so I have lots of questions. I read through the forum and some where answered, but still, some things I don't understand. Why, for example did Elisheva have to be widowed twice? Once would have been enough. And why did Shulem come to her and tell her to get out of Akiva's life? Why didn't she protest? The relationship was rocky and confusing. Who was attracted to whom at first? They decided to get engaged but not marry? I don't get that. Was there actually tenayim at the vort? If so, don't they need to get divorced it they broke up?

That's it for now.

penguin

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 11:28 am
Quote:
So I watched both season 1 and season 2 with hebrew captions. I got the gist of it but I am missing some things so I have lots of questions. I read through the forum and some where answered, but still, some things I don't understand. Why, for example did Elisheva have to be widowed twice? Once would have been enough.
You're asking what we call "a kashya oif a mayseh". That's how they wrote the story. Although
there's certainly a greater "stigma" in marrying s/o who was widowed twice. Also helps explain Elisheva's fear of actually getting married again.

When she visited the ghosts of her first two husbands that was quite strange. However there were lots of "dream sequences" in later episodes.
Quote:
And why did Shulem come to her and tell her to get out of Akiva's life? Why didn't she protest?
Shulem was definitely quite unhappy about the idea in the beginning. I don't remember if he went to her after the "engagement" or before. Once he saw Akiva was stubborn, he went along with it somewhat. But at first he didn't know that the engagement was not so real I.e. Elisheva never agreed to get married, only to get engaged. I think he eventually realized that & wanted Akiva to move on.
Quote:
The relationship was rocky and confusing.
Right, it was supposed to be.
Quote:
Who was attracted to whom at first?
Akiva pursued Elisheva. At first she just laughed at him. Then she tried to talk him out of it. Eventually I think she realized she was fond of him but afraid.
Quote:
They decided to get engaged but not marry? I don't get that.
I think Akiva was hoping she would eventually get over her fear of getting married. Certainly in his community, he couldn't just continue seeing her without being engaged.
Quote:
Was there actually tenayim at the vort? If so, don't they need to get divorced it they broke up?
Yes, they were filling out tenaim and asked what date they should write, Akiva tried to avoid it and then just made up a date. But not e/o says you have to get married to break tenaim.

njyenta

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 8:50 pm
Some more questions from season 1:

I don't get the whole episode with Akiva's friend who had a mental breakdown? And whose house were they going to in Katamon?

How was Shulem able to just declare himself to be the principal of the Cheder? Who was in charge after Wasserstein was fired?

How was Elisheva able to spend so much time in B'nei Brak? Didn't she have a job in a bank in Yerushalayim? Was that where she lived with her deceased husbands?

I also don't get
why all of a sudden the daughter decided to hit her father with a din torah?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 4:02 pm
njyenta wrote:
Some more questions from season 1:

I don't get the whole episode with Akiva's friend who had a mental breakdown? And whose house were they going to in Katamon?

How was Shulem able to just declare himself to be the principal of the Cheder? Who was in charge after Wasserstein was fired?

How was Elisheva able to spend so much time in B'nei Brak? Didn't she have a job in a bank in Yerushalayim? Was that where she lived with her deceased husbands?

I also don't get
why all of a sudden the daughter decided to hit her father with a din torah?

Akiva and his friend made a deal that if Akiva would ask Elisheva out, the friend would go see his mother. The lady in Katamon was his mother, who apparently had given him up for adoption or something.

Shulem applied for the job and was accepted.

The apt. in Bnei Brak was Elisheva's apt. She moved in with her parents after losing her 2nd husband. I guess she had days off from work to go visit.

Do you mean Ruchami? She was upset at her father for abandoning the family for months.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 5:11 pm
Quote:
I also don't get why all of a sudden the daughter decided to hit her father with a din torah?
Quote:
Do you mean Ruchami? She was upset at her father for abandoning the family for months.
No, I think it was the daughter who lived up north somewhere, whom he hadn't seen in a long time.

And I think maybe he wasn't very happy with her choice of husband? Or maybe the husband became Lubavitch which doesn't really go over well with Shulem's crowd? (No offense to Lubavitch.)

And when found the little Sefer Torah he brought it to that son in law because he was a sofer?

I don't remember that there was a din Torah specifically although it does sound familiar, but I am pretty sure the episode ended with him promising to visit the kids weekly or something like that.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, May 25 2016, 11:20 am
Are they coming out with more or that's it ?

Tirza

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 8:56 pm
They have started writing the third season and filming is scheduled to begin in the fall! (This is according to the Israeli newspapers). No idea when it will air, though.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 9:47 pm
Tirza wrote:
They have started writing the third season and filming is scheduled to begin in the fall! (This is according to the Israeli newspapers). No idea when it will air, though.

YAY!!!!!😃😃😃😃

2ringsnow

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 11:08 pm
Does anyone know if there's actually being a season 3?

essie14

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 9:56 am
2ringsnow wrote:
Does anyone know if there's actually being a season 3?

Yes

http://www.srugim.co.il/174081.....d7%9c

heidi

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 11:10 pm
YAY!!!

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 11:48 am
Well thanks to you guys, I watched the whole season 1 with English subtitles and I am hooked! The story is pretty unrealistic but so engaging, I can't stop! Finally something me and DH can watch together and both enjoy (he likes comedy, I like real-life and this is a perfect combo)

SuperWify

Post Sat, Jan 07 2017, 7:02 pm
Does anyone have a working link to season 2 episode 4 & 5? Tia!

cb

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 6:00 pm
Did they start new season yet?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 11:15 pm
cb wrote:
Did they start new season yet?
No. I dont even think its been filmed yet Sad

bobeli

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 1:50 pm
any news?

cb

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 6:14 am
bobeli wrote:
any news?

No idea
Would love to know too

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 7:14 pm
off topic but has anyone been following Sababnik?

http://sababnik.blogspot.co.il/2018/01/1.html

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 4:13 pm
Quote:
off topic but has anyone been following Sababnik?

http://sababnik.blogspot.co.il/2018/01/1.html
Have a link that works outside EY?

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 12:44 pm
This show is now on Netflix- 2 seasons ..binge away!
Page 19 of 77   Previous  1  2  3 18  19  20 75  76  77  Next Recent Topics