Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Bedrail help

Bitachon101

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 12:28 am
My 20 month old had been jumping over the edge of his crib finally decided that he will not stay in his crib if I keep the rail on.
So I took the rail off and turned into a toddler crib and he was fine.
Except that he moves around and falls out every single night multiple times a night (dont worry I cushion the area on the floor.)

Ive tried a few toddler/convertible crib rails but they are all really made for box spring beds and this crib bed lays on a frame that does not have an opening to slide in a rail. It kind of sits beneath a wood plnk a few inches down - similar to the effect of a high riser.

Im at a total loss of what product (and not looking to spend $100 here!!!) will work.

I did see something called an inflatable bedrail (the shrunks) but not really getting if and how that will work and stay in his bed. (it says you stick it under a twin size sheet, but its a crib mattress and that wont stay on the mattress! Anyone ever use that?

Or what other bedrails have worked in non-boxspring convertible cribs for you (please post link)

Thanks so much - My heart goes out to the kid for every time he rolls out of bed....!!!!
I feel like its neglect not to get him anything!

pickle321

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 5:46 am
Can u just put the mattress directly on the floor? I also saw an idea to put a pool noodle under the sheet and that will block him from rolling off. Never tried it but might be worth a try

pickle321

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 5:47 am

Bitachon101

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 8:20 am
But what holds the noodle in place?

mha3484

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 11:11 am
At that age, I just put the crib mattress on the floor.

cm

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 11:30 am
It's ok to roll out of bed onto a pillow. This stage will pass. Try placing the mattress on the floor if you are concerned about falling from a distance.

We actually skipped the toddler bed stage and went right to a regular bed. Bedrails seem to encourage the child to lean against them causing more risk than if we didn't use the rails. Just something to think about.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics