Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Who in Brooklyn does the best custom kitchen, up to $20,000?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 10:57 pm
amother wrote:
I did my kitchen by Kitchen Cupboards. I was extremely happy. He gave me the best layout comparing to other companies I tried and his price was pretty good too.

A. I got an estimate there too and he wasn't the lowest estimate. B. He himself is a relatively short time alone in the business. He worked for somebody else but his own business is not that old; for that alone I wouldn't touch him. He has no track record which to me is #1 priority

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 10:59 pm
amother wrote:
I used Kitchen Expo in Wlliamsburg and was very happy. As a previous poster said, working with a decorator/designer is very crucial to use your space best possible. They know how to plan the kitchen according to your needs. The designer knows measurements, appliances and cabinet/counters very well. It is worth every penny to avoid later heartaches. The kitchen person talks to them professionally. Hatzlucha Raba

I couldn't agree with you more. I paid $$ to a professional to do my kitchen layout.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 11:27 pm
I did My kitchen with mr hershkowitz when he was owner of capital c kitchens . We had a holiday kitchen put in and shortly afterwards the cabinets started peeling.He never did anything about it.I heard very good reviews about kitchen cupboard,my neighbor had her kitchen done by them recently and said he is a real perfectionist and gives great customer service

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 11:37 pm
amother wrote:
I did My kitchen with mr hershkowitz when he was owner of capital c kitchens . We had a holiday kitchen put in and shortly afterwards the cabinets started peeling.He never did anything about it.I heard very good reviews about kitchen cupboard,my neighbor had her kitchen done by them recently and said he is a real perfectionist and gives great customer service

And I did my kitchen to my wedding double digit number of yrs ago by capital c. We took the cheapest in stock kitchen they had. My kitchen still looks brand new! I wouldn't trust kitchen cupboards just for the fact that he's still too new. There's nobody that can tell me "I did a kitchen by him 10 yrs ago and it's holding up very nicely". He has gorgeous stuff that I won't take away from him. But he's too new and by far not the best priced. I'm looking into formica and he has stunning stunning formica. But I have to compromise somewhere. I'd rather take something less pretty and know I'm getting good quality.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 11:53 pm
amother wrote:
A. I got an estimate there too and he wasn't the lowest estimate. B. He himself is a relatively short time alone in the business. He worked for somebody else but his own business is not that old; for that alone I wouldn't touch him. He has no track record which to me is #1 priority

I didnt say he's the cheapest. I said his prices are pretty good. I got a company of a kitchen that's around for years that has a great track record. He was the sales guy through which I got it. So although he's not in business for years the kitchen company is. And his layout was fantastic ( for me.)

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 2:24 pm
If people use Hershkowitz of Exquisite Kitchens, do customers use a kitchen planner with him, or do they rely on his expertise for layout and whatever a kitchen planner would do?

If yes, which kitchen planner works well with Hershkowitz?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 5:12 pm
I know 3 ppl whose kitchen layout he did and we're very happy.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 5:27 pm
amother wrote:
I know 3 ppl whose kitchen layout he did and we're very happy.

Thanks! This was with no kitchen planner, just him?

But I see you (amother Aquamarine) wrote " I paid $$ to a professional to do my kitchen layout."

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 5:35 pm
That was he himself. I paid $ for a kitchen layout cuz I was going around to a few kitchen places, one of those places I like his layout but not his stuff; but I can't take his layout and make it elsewhere cuz then I'm not being a moral person so I paid $ and now I can go to whoever I want.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 6:09 pm
amother wrote:
That was he himself. I paid $ for a kitchen layout cuz I was going around to a few kitchen places, one of those places I like his layout but not his stuff; but I can't take his layout and make it elsewhere cuz then I'm not being a moral person so I paid $ and now I can go to whoever I want.

Do I understand correctly that you liked Hershkowitz's kitchen design but you went somewhere else to buy the cabinets? Im curious- What didnt Hershkowitz have that you wanted?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 6:13 pm
I did like what he has. I didn't make a definite decision as to where I'm getting it done. I decided to pay $ after going to one of the places and liking his layout but not his cabinets

goforit

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 6:26 pm
amother wrote:
I used Kitchen Expo in Wlliamsburg and was very happy. As a previous poster said, working with a decorator/designer is very crucial to use your space best possible. They know how to plan the kitchen according to your needs. The designer knows measurements, appliances and cabinet/counters very well. It is worth every penny to avoid later heartaches. The kitchen person talks to them professionally. Hatzlucha Raba

Can you recommend a designer?

Levtov

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 6:36 pm
BRANTZY SCHWARTZ
FAIGY BLEIER
CHANIE REBENWORZEL
FISHMAN

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 6:43 pm
Levtov wrote:
BRANTZY SCHWARTZ
FAIGY BLEIER
CHANIE REBENWORZEL
FISHMAN

If someone uses Hershkowitz to make the kitchen, and he knows layouts and kitchen design very well, is there a benefit to using a kitchen designer?

Do they charge by the hour or by the job?

What do they usually end up charging- total?

TIA

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 8:32 am
BUMP

If someone uses Hershkowitz to make the kitchen, and he knows layouts and kitchen design very well, is there a benefit to using a kitchen designer? If yes, what are the benefits?

Do they charge by the hour or by the job?

What do they usually end up charging- total?

TIA

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Dec 30 2017, 6:20 pm
amother wrote:
Who's enterprise? There's one more I'm planning to check into. I dunno his company name but his name is Mr. Brach in flatbush/end of bp area.

Who is Mr Brach? What is his contact info?

How do his prices quality and long term service compare tho Hershkowitz of Exquisite?

ladYdI

Post Sat, Dec 30 2017, 8:48 pm
I used hershkowitz when he was still called capital c, around 8 years and some of the cabinets started coming apart about 3 years later and still keeps happening! but he said he couldn't do anything I shud contact holiday directly. They also were very unwilling to help. Told me to email them pics but nothing! I didn't feel the need to get a kitchen designer bec the kitchen places all get their ideas from other kitchens they already did-many from professionals!! I also asked around for ideas

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Dec 30 2017, 9:28 pm
ladYdI wrote:
I used hershkowitz when he was still called capital c, around 8 years and some of the cabinets started coming apart about 3 years later and still keeps happening! but he said he couldn't do anything I shud contact holiday directly. They also were very unwilling to help. Told me to email them pics but nothing!

Good to know! So what the people tell you before you buy, about standing behind their product for a long time after, especially when buying from a cabinet manufacturer thats been in business for many years, like Holiday, because if theres a problem theyre able to make replacement cabinet doors years later, because they want to uphold their reputation and customer service, is baloney?

Who would you buy from, knowing what you know?

FUNMOM88

Post Sat, Dec 30 2017, 9:40 pm
I was extremely happy with Mr Krausz from Creative woodwork, great service, price & layout!!

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Dec 30 2017, 9:44 pm
FUNMOM88 wrote:
I was extremely happy with Mr Krausz from Creative woodwork, great service, price & layout!!

Lately, Krausz price for semi custom was more than other people's prices for custom.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics