Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Vivi vs Riki vs Kiki

loving it!

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 11:34 pm
Does anyone have unbiased opinions on these 3 shaitels? I heard amazing things about the vivi but because it's so new, no one had it for 5 years and still thinks it's amazing. I heard the Riki is also stunning and a drop cheaper but same thing, it's too new. Is it worth it to buy one of these anyway? People have told me to go with the Kiki because it's tried and true and everyone loves it. I had a bad Kiki actually but everyone tells me that was a fluke because no one else was unhappy with it.

sky

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 6:04 am
I got a bad Kiki 7 years ago. but the shietel machur I bought it from stood behind it and after fixing it over and over again it was replaced. I really credit the person I bought it from with making sure that happened.
I"ve had the "new" one now for 6 years. Wearing it mainly shabbos, yom tov and simchos and I love it. Very recently it has been losing a lot of hair, but my shietel machur told me that after 5 years it happens to almost all sheitels, even the most high end.

I believe Riki has been around for a while. When I bough the Kiki I think it was an option (but maybe it was different Riki then?). I also heard that it is slightly cheaper now then the other high end sheitels - but it is very high.

loving it!

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 4:00 pm
Thank you. Idk why, I was under the impression that Rikis also just came out

studying_torah

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 5:12 pm
Aren't Rikki Israeli wigs? ( vaguely recall a shaitel macher telling me this.) Maybe someone from Israel can chime in w more details....

cnc

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 6:46 pm
loving it! wrote:
Thank you. Idk why, I was under the impression that Rikis also just came out

You're most likely referring to Rikkis. They are relatively new and based out of Lakewood.

blushy

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 6:52 pm
I ADORE my Rikki. I only have it a year and half but so far so good. And it was most definitely not cheap; I paid over 3k for it.

sky

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 5:43 am
blushy wrote:
I ADORE my Rikki. I only have it a year and half but so far so good. And it was most definitely not cheap; I paid over 3k for it.

I wasn't saying cheap, just slightly less then the Shevy and Kiki. I was quoted about 2800 Riki for my length while a Shevy and Kiki would both be well over 3000 for that length now (I don't wear very long.)

loving it!

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 4:27 pm
sky wrote:
I wasn't saying cheap, just slightly less then the Shevy and Kiki. I was quoted about 2800 Riki for my length while a Shevy and Kiki would both be well over 3000 for that length now (I don't wear very long.)

That's what I heard also

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 5:45 am
The names sound cheap but I heard good of Kiki.
That said they should really think of more recognizable names!

sky

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 7:05 pm
Ruchel wrote:
The names sound cheap but I heard good of Kiki.
That said they should really think of more recognizable names!

Riki (for Rivka) is a popular nickname here.

FASMA

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 7:14 pm
I've had my Shevy for 5 and a half years and its been awesome but I do feel that now it is loosing hair
I've also heard great things about Kiki especially because the hair is not dyed so the color stays. I have to dye my dark blond Shevys about once a year and its annoying

studying_torah

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 10:43 pm
Cnc, I heard about some rikki about 8 years ago.... who knows if it's the same one or not?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels