Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Do you wish you could redo your wedding again?
1  2  Next

fashgurl

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 2:46 pm
Does anyone else wish they could do their Chuppa over? I was watching this and was moved to tears, wish I had such a Chuppa.

I guess the main thing is to be happily married and not the actual wedding
(-:

Just a little frustrating thinking if I would've arranged it (as opposed to parents) how different it would've been, Mi bon siach to 'The Rose', genius!

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 3:19 pm
Yes I wish I could redo my wedding. I was so naive back then. I feel like I'm a different person today and would do so many things differently.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 4:18 pm
Yom hachupa is the most important day in one's life and its given to such young people. We learn what we have to daven for, we know the importance of the day, how we can daven for the rest of our life, to build up a bays neemon beyisroel, to have healthy and erliche kids etc...

Only when I got married the second time I knew the importance of the day and used it.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 4:55 pm
My wedding yes, my marriage no. There are always things you can regret but you also need to see the positive things. We were completely broke when we got married and had no family support. We had a very simple chasuna and it felt a bit awkward when all my friends had lavish simchas. But looking back, and seeing all the imamothers who are not happy with their dh, all that glam is maybe not that important.
I'm sure everyone has something to say about what went wrong or what they would have liked on that very special day, so I'm not sure there is such a thing as the perfect chasuna.

sheifelah

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 5:00 pm
I loved my wedding. I just wish my husband and I would have gotten more portraits together in different settings. and I would have had sometime make sure the chupah was set up nicer.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 5:18 pm
I had a simple wedding, but loved every minute of it...I just told someone that it was the happiest day of my life, even though my gown costed me 50.00 and there were no centerpieces on the table...It was a very spiritual and uplifting day for me...I truelly believe Hashem answered my heartfelt tefillos on that day...and B"H I'm very happy with my DH, wouldnt ask for more.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 5:23 pm
If I could do it all over, the relatives that boycotted would have been there. Then again, it's probably for the best that we have a good excuse to keep those people out of our lives.

observer

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 8:54 pm
No, I was very happy with my (beautiful, but not fancy) wedding bh.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 9:37 pm
No. I wish it was different but I do not every want a redo chv.

I had the $5,000 + gown sewn up custom that my mom aunt and one of my sisters liked. ... It was nice but that was just my luck. And then had awful flowers and a horrible sheitel (that I had no say in too). And brand name pots n pans but not the kitchen gadgets I wanted....
What's sad is that I'll never get to have what I like. Iyh I'll let my children choose themselves when their time comes. And I didn't get to choose my own. But I know I'll be happy seeing them happy amd making their own choices. Hopefully that'll be enough for me. Amd if not. Sometimes like just sucks and we gotta deal w it.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 9:42 pm
No. I'm glad I'm at this point in my life BH.
I loved my wedding and cherish the memories. Of course there were things I would have done differently in hindsight. But Chasdei Hashem.

boymom

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 9:45 pm
well I wouldn't redo the whole thing, just some petty things- my makeup was bad. don't like the way my shaitel looked either. my crown wasn't put on well after I put my shaitel on. wish I had more romantic pics with dh. photographer took real nerdy pics of us. and I think I should've insisted on a better musician and singer. my parents were able to afford it but we just took this simple one man band. I hate listening to my wedding cds.

flowers, food, vienesse table, gown, chuppah, badchen was all ok.

fbc

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 10:07 pm
Lol so interesting I've been thinking about this! Obviously wouldn't wanna redo whole wedding, but certain parts. I liked my gown better than most others I saw in the gemachs, but there were a few gowns that were to small on me that I liked tons better, and by the time my wedding came around I'd lost enough weight that any of them would have fit perfectly, but I didn't think to go get one that I liked better...I would have done my hair differently, and picked a diff tiara. I would have given my husband a more passionate kiss in the yichud room Smile in fact, we were told that between the chuppah and dancing we'd have an hour for yichud and pics, split up as 10 min for yichud, 50 for pics. We wanted 50 for yichud and 10 for pics Wink well, I'd split it maybe 20 and 40. Also would want more romantic pics with hubby, we don't have any at all. Just the regular standing out sitting next to each other kind. Also we asked for a specific intro we both love, and they said ok but then played something totally diff. But it was such an amazing wedding! So leibedik, so emotional, so smooth sailing.

rachel6543

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 10:58 pm
I had so much fun at my wedding! Only thing I would change is to get a different photographer. But that's a long complicated story.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 12:46 am
Wish I could redo it without a migraine!
That's just wishful thinking though because weddings include ALL of my migraine triggers ;-)

Volunteer

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 11:06 am
I had a wonderful wedding 8 yrs ago, but whenever I pass by a bridal store or the wedding gift section in a housewares store, I get a strong sentimental urge to pretend to be a bride again! But I'll never do it because it's unethical.

I got my gown from a friend, it was the third one I tried on (and the first one that fit at all) . I liked it a lot, but I didn't have the experience of wedding gown shopping. Same with the housewares. I got the simplest, most practical things for the kitchen, bath, and bedroom. I never had the "bridal princess" experience.

Oh well. At least I got the prince.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 11:43 am
Yup I love weddings.
I told my husband the morning after our wedding "we should totally do that again!".

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 11:50 am
chocolate chips wrote:
Yup I love weddings.
I told my husband the morning after our wedding "we should totally do that again!".

Oh gosh, it's funny how people are different.
I would never want to relive my wedding.
As an introvert, it was a huge ordeal for me. I absolutely hated being the center of attention.
It didn't help that I'm a terrible dancer and was very self-conscious about that.
It was a beautiful wedding but there are definitely details that I would change in retrospect.
Still, I wouldn't go back in time to correct them if you paid me.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 12:08 pm
I would've gotten the gown that was too small, but totally my style and gorgeous, and had it altered to be tznius and fit me.
The gemach had lots of not tznius gowns and she was begging me to fix one and return it to have a useable one.
I would have had a say in the menu.
I would have remembered to get a bouquet, I forgot and someone ordered some for me, I really didn't like the colors nor arrangement. Oh well

dee's mommy

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 2:02 pm
As far as I am concerned, mine was the most beautiful wedding I have ever been to.

Having said that, there are people I didn't invite because I was worried about being able to afford to pay for the wedding. I would have invited those people.

I forgot my flowers in the yichud room, so most of the picture have me not holding flowers. Maybe they would have been a little nicer if I had remembered.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 2:58 pm
I would redo it. There is a lot I would change as well.
I always tell my husband we should get married again but he jokes that I might not choose him again so he doesn't want to risk it Very Happy
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics