Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Would you live next to a registered offender?
Previous  1  2  3

sourstix

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 6:07 pm
[quote="smilingmom"]http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/SomsSUBDirectory/search_index.jsp

If you put in 11219, (Boro Park)[b] one half [/b]of the list is frum looking men with beards.[/quote]

I have to post this here. there is a person I know very well that is registerd on 11219. now the story is that he was on a plane with pupa rebbe. a [gentile woman] sat near them and made up a story on the pupa rebbe. this man I am talking about is his gabba. and he took it upon himself to sit in jail instead of the rebbe and his face and name are on registry. so remember that not all stories are the way they seem. and it was public knowledge that the rebbe did nothing to this woman. this man I know is the nicest I have seen. unfortunately she was believed and it was what it was. the rebbe never goes anywhere alone. this woman is a sick individual. what a sad story

smilingmom

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 9:36 pm
sourstix wrote:
I have to post this here. there is a person I know very well that is registerd on 11219. now the story is that he was on a plane with pupa rebbe. a [gentile woman] sat near them and made up a story on the pupa rebbe. this man I am talking about is his gabba. and he took it upon himself to sit in jail instead of the rebbe and his face and name are on registry. so remember that not all stories are the way they seem. and it was public knowledge that the rebbe did nothing to this woman. this man I know is the nicest I have seen. unfortunately she was believed and it was what it was. the rebbe never goes anywhere alone. this woman is a sick individual. what a sad story

Most offenders are "the nicest ever".
Public knowledge? How many people where sitting next to him on the plane?
The 'woman that is a sick individual' was a 15 year old girl, with no history of making stuff up.
So this tzadik lied so the rebbe goes free, how do we know he didn't lie about where his (the gabais) hands were.

Sorry, people can definetly get falsely accused or convicted. He wasn't, he admitted to wrongdoing.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 9:53 pm
smilingmom wrote:
http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/SomsSUBDirectory/search_index.jsp

If you put in 11219, (Boro Park) one half of the list is frum looking men with beards.

Thanks for the link!

I did a quick search for my zipcode and there wasn't a single entry. I checked the zipcode where I grew up and there were only 3 non Jewish names. These are both MO neighborhoods, by the way.

smilingmom

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 10:20 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for the link!

I did a quick search for my zipcode and there wasn't a single entry. I checked the zipcode where I grew up and there were only 3 non Jewish names. These are both MO neighborhoods, by the way.

I wouldn't be so smug, your rabbonim have been making there own headlines.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 6:08 am
It's not legal to know what people did here. I doubt we have c'v more issues. If anything most scandals don't seem to come from this side of the sea. LO alenu...

smilingmom

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 2:00 pm
Ruchel wrote:
It's not legal to know what people did here. I doubt we have c'v more issues. If anything most scandals don't seem to come from this side of the sea. LO alenu...

Rachel, I am not sure what you mean by saying it is not legal to know?
By the way, I too am MO. I just don't like the elitist attitude of anybody of any denomination.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 4:34 pm
Ruchel wrote:

Huh? Criminal cases are typically a matter of public record here in the US. $ex offender registries often list the age of the victims and the nature of the violation.

Where did you learn this.

chavs

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 4:38 pm
smilingmom wrote:
Rachel, I am not sure what you mean by saying it is not legal to know?
By the way, I too am MO. I just don't like the elitist attitude of anybody of any denomination.

I live in England and I'm assuming it's the same as in France, that you can't find out what your neighbour or anyone else has done, it's not public record and you can't call up the police to find out , it would not be legal for them to give you any details.

morah

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 4:39 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Huh? Criminal cases are typically a matter of public record here in the US. relations offender registries often list the age of the victims and the nature of the violation.

Where did you learn this.

Ruchel is not in the US, she's in France. The EU in general is much more concerned with privacy than the US, both legally and culturally. They also don't like the US legal system very much and generally will not extradite zex offenders because of the US system, including the registry.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 4:42 pm
morah wrote:
Ruchel is not in the US, she's in France. The EU in general is much more concerned with privacy than the US, both legally and culturally. They also don't like the US legal system very much and generally will not extradite zex offenders because of the US system, including the registry.

TY for the insight.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 5:21 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for the link!

Huh? The registered offender I mentioned in my previous post davens in a MO shul. It also has a yeshivish crowd in the town and he is the only "noticeably" Jewish guy on the list in our zip code (at least for now, there was someone else but I don't see him listed now so maybe he moved)

I don't think any community is immune and if anyone thinks they are then their head is in the sand.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 3:58 am
This is why I said I don't think we have more problems despite a different system... Smile
It is plain not allowed. You may have the medical secretary talk too loud or the doc may tell you of an anonymous patient who did whatever, but not stuff like that.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating