Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Washing Waterproof Mattress Covers
Previous  1  2

L K

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 5:18 pm
I've been using Room Essentials waterproof mattress pads from target for quite a few years. They're great, seem to be what you already have but go easily in the washer AND dryer. They hold up well to all the washing/drying. I use them both for kids in diapers and for adults.

pause

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 6:19 pm
L K wrote:
I've been using Room Essentials waterproof mattress pads from target for quite a few years. They're great, seem to be what you already have but go easily in the washer AND dryer. They hold up well to all the washing/drying. I use them both for kids in diapers and for adults.

Thanks for the exact reference.

L K

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 7:27 pm
pause wrote:
Thanks for the exact reference.

You're quite welcome ))

Btw where I live they are not always in stock in the size and or quantity that I needed so it helps to first check online whether your location ha sit in stock. Or you could order them online (though they also tend to go in and out of stock sometimes).

Snickers18

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 11:51 pm
pause wrote:
Where did you get it? Can you post a link?

I actually just bought something like that which had amazing ratings after getting sick of the torn plastic ones. I am pretty sure the tag says it goes in the dryer. In bed now, but I will check and give you a link in the morning, iyh.

Snickers18

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 7:38 pm
Just checked it out. It says it is dryer safe. I think we paid about $20 for it on Amazon. It's called SafeRest (premium mattress protector) and comes in all sizes.

paprika

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 8:18 pm
I have mattress pads that seem like what your describing. I was told not to dry them. I've been drying them for years and only the last time it got wet, it leaked through to the mattress. Maybe the plastic got a hole. If you already own these mattress pads, maybe it's worth drying them and they'll last as long as they last.

pause

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 8:21 am
paprika wrote:
I have mattress pads that seem like what your describing. I was told not to dry them. I've been drying them for years and only the last time it got wet, it leaked through to the mattress. Maybe the plastic got a hole. If you already own these mattress pads, maybe it's worth drying them and they'll last as long as they last.
In the end, I got so fed up so I just put them into the dryer on the delicate setting because I needed to prepare the bed for sleeping and it still wasn't dry even though I had washed it first thing in the morning!

So I'll do that until it gets torn, and then I'll order one of the two mentioned above, SafeRest or Room Essentials.

Thanks everybody!

paprika

Post Mon, Dec 14 2015, 11:23 am
I think it would be a good idea to put a plastic disposable tablecloth on top of the mattress protector. You can change the tablecloth easily, and then you'll only have to wash the protector when it leaks through the tablecloth.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 14 2015, 11:32 am
That sounds dangerous and sweaty too paprika.
Why not put an extra mattress pad between the sheet and mattress cover protector so that all you'll have to wash is the pad unstead of the full mattress cover protector each time?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Dec 14 2015, 11:37 am
I made the mistake on Friday and I dried my mattress pad in the dryer...the whole plastic part melted!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry