Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Ob-gyn in beit shemesh

rzab

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 5:52 am
I'm looking for an Ob-gyn in beit shemesh. I have meuchedet. Looking for any recommendations, I prefer English speaking and prefer a woman, but I can be flexible about either of those things.

Thanks!

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 8:09 am
rzab wrote:
I'm looking for an Ob-gyn in beit shemesh. I have meuchedet. Looking for any recommendations, I prefer English speaking and prefer a woman, but I can be flexible about either of those things.

Thanks!

Following! I'm sorry I can't help but I'm looking for exactly the same thing.

saramalka

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 10:21 am
Dr. Zemira wolff. highly recommended

rzab

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 8:30 am
saramalka wrote:
Dr. Zemira wolff. highly recommended

can I ask, what do you like about her?

rzab

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 3:57 am
Does anyone have any other suggestions- Dr. Woolf doesn't have any appointments until January

momaleh

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 5:21 am
Dr. Luria, but shes usually also highly booked.

m in Israel

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 6:16 am
I used to use Dr. Luria and I was very happy with her -- but the whole impossibility of getting appointments was just too crazy. It was fine when I was pregnant and made 9 months worth of appointments in advance (many of which I did by going on a "waiting list" and hoping something would open), but recently I needed an ob-gyn for an issue that came up and I decided to find someone who is more accessible.

I ended up giving up on my original preference for a female doctor and switched to Dr. Herman Weiss. He is English speaking and so far I have been very happy with him. I went twice and both times I was able to get appointments quickly and there was no real wait (I used to wait almost an hour each time I went to Dr. Luria). I haven't been with him long and haven't gone through any pregnancies with him, so I can't tell you 100% that he's a great doctor, but so far I feel like he knows what he is talking about and is very nice and professional. I do prefer a woman, but given the circumstances I'm happy I switched. (I also feel it's a bit different because the doctor doesn't deliver the baby. In the U.S. it was a much bigger deal to me because I felt I would be much more comfortable during delivery with a woman.)

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 9:30 am
m in Israel wrote:
I used to use Dr. Luria and I was very happy with her -- but the whole impossibility of getting appointments was just too crazy. It was fine when I was pregnant and made 9 months worth of appointments in advance (many of which I did by going on a "waiting list" and hoping something would open), but recently I needed an ob-gyn for an issue that came up and I decided to find someone who is more accessible.

I ended up giving up on my original preference for a female doctor and switched to Dr. Herman Weiss. He is English speaking and so far I have been very happy with him. I went twice and both times I was able to get appointments quickly and there was no real wait (I used to wait almost an hour each time I went to Dr. Luria). I haven't been with him long and haven't gone through any pregnancies with him, so I can't tell you 100% that he's a great doctor, but so far I feel like he knows what he is talking about and is very nice and professional. I do prefer a woman, but given the circumstances I'm happy I switched. (I also feel it's a bit different because the doctor doesn't deliver the baby. In the U.S. it was a much bigger deal to me because I felt I would be much more comfortable during delivery with a woman.)

Is Dr. Weiss frum? I'm also looking for an ob and if he has to be male then I'd rather someone religious. Thanks.

m in Israel

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 3:25 pm
amother wrote:
Is Dr. Weiss frum? I'm also looking for an ob and if he has to be male then I'd rather someone religious. Thanks.

Yes, he is frum.

rzab

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 1:59 pm
Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Weiss? He's not in the meuchedet system anymore?

Dr. Luria and Dr. Wolf don't have appointments until July.... Any other recommendations?

Health is a Virture

Post Wed, May 25 2016, 3:51 pm
I personally switched kupot bec. I never was 100% happy with any meuchedet doctors in Bet Shemesh. june is not that far away though. if it's an emergency you often can call on a day that they're working and the secretaries can stick you in. I always liked Dr Penelis in Yerushalayim, not frum, but a true mentsch. you could also just do a nurse's visit or visit your regular G.I doctor and s/he can send you for some tests (ultrasound, blood work etc) and then visit the OB when you have an appointment
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions