Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
ISO toy recommendation

SRB

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 2:47 pm
I was given a $70 gift card to use at Lakeshore Learning Store. I have a 21 month old boy who has plenty of toys and books. I'd like to get him something that is a "smart purchase" - something he will use for a long time and is educational. He doesn't have magnatiles or traditional wooden blocks. What is something your kid/s have gotten LOTS of use of and you would reccomend. Oh, and I'm ok with spending a little more than the gift card amount.

TIA!

Tiredmom7

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 4:59 pm
I would vote for magna tiles my son now 4 has been playing with them for two years!!! It's a toy that grows with your child.

imasinger

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 7:03 pm
I second magnatiles. Pricey, but totally worth it. Other good choices might be a high quality set of trains and tracks, or, if you have space, a sand and water table.

PassionFruit

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 7:54 pm
tools and work table, my boy's favorite toy. They also love the plasmacar [bimba kef in Israel]. Kinetic sand, also a great one [get a lot and put it in a big bin].

SorGold

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 8:43 pm
Lego duplo
Magna tiles
Train set (excellent toy but 21 months may be a bit young unless you get a train table)
My boys actually loved dolls and strollers...

L K

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 8:52 pm
Magnatiles
Inexpensive train track set with plastic trains may be good

gr8 mom

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 9:37 pm
Just bought hexie snaps great for little ones! Magnatiles r great too!

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 11:45 pm
A really good car garage or car mat and a great car collection

That's what I would get for a little boy

(Dollhouse with dolls and furniture for a little girl)

lfab

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 10:05 am
Magna tiles are a great toy. I was so worried about spending so much when I first bought it for my kids (and I bought and off brand when it was on sale so I got what's considered a good deal). I was worried that, like with many of their other toys, they would play with it for a bit and then they would be forgotten. I have to say it was the best investment ever. Over a year later they still play with it almost every day and even my 15 month old likes playing with them and can join in by stacking the pieces up. What I love most about it is that it's a toy that grows with your child. At 21 months he'll be able to make only simple structures but as he gets older he can make more complex designs.

SRB

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 10:49 am
Hi All. This is OP. Thank you so much for your suggestions - it really helped me make a decision!

I purchased the Magna-tiles. Lakeshore is having a "buy one, get one 50% off" sale so I purchased two of the starter sets.

I was hesitant to spend so much money on a toy but from reading your reviews, it sounds like kids usually play with these for years.

Thanks Ladies and Shabbat Shalom!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars