Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Best place to advertise my business

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 3:53 pm
I have an online business.

Most of my business now is from people in my community that either know me or have seen me advertise. I'd really like to expand my business to other towns/states/countries!!

Families with school age kids are my target audience (singles and older families can also benefit from my product, but not as much)

If I want to advertise in YOUR town, what is the best way?
Please list where you are located, and the name of the publication (and anything else you think I should know). Is there a free email group where I can post my business for free (or minimal cost)?

THANK YOU!!!

LOVELY19

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 4:31 pm
I have also a business but it isnt really working. I think the best is word of mouth. Have you heard of everywhere k?you could advertise on there...

singleagain

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 4:36 pm
Many towns have online community boards where you can post.
Ekersher.com
Teaneckshuls.com
I think there's an online board for five towns

Also sometimes I see ads on the wall of pizza stores and kosher stores

doctorima

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 4:37 pm
It might help us give better advice about where and how to advertise if you tell us what general field your business is, especially since you're anonymous anyway. You could also ask your existing clients for tips.

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 5:25 pm
Online business, identified target niche = try paying for targeted Facebook ads, and have your ad include something they get if they share/like/comment/follow (raffle copter or such) so that paying for a small number of ads leads to a larger exposure.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 5:33 pm
Are you any good at marketing? Try opening a business Instagram account. If you do it right you can get a large following and very much increased customer base.

return2You

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 5:36 pm
Facebook and Instagram. Facebook has a lot of community groups that lets you post your ad for free. I find that Facebook for business is also great to get your word out to a wider audience. Pretty inexpensive too and will give a voice, great for beginners.

Advertising in local circulars is s waste of money, magazines such as Ami or Binah are pricier but well worth it, especially if you're new and want to introduce your business.

Who are you targeting? General population or just Jewish community?

happy to be me

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 1:51 am
Instagram (as others have said.)
How about advertising on Imamother? Very Happy
If you post who your target market is we can possibly be of better assistance.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 2:56 am
my main target audience is mothers of school aged children.

I'm honestly not familiar at all with instragram and have nothing to do with facebook

can you explain how and why instragram works? I understand facebook.

I don't really want to say what I'm selling b/c it is a very unique product and although I'm amother I don't want people knowing I'm posting about this (and I've been talking to EVERYONE about this topic)

I know- its not so helpful and I know you are all really trying to help me, and I appreciate that.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 4:43 am
and I'm really gearing it towards jews only

das

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 10:01 am
LOVELY19 wrote:
I have also a business but it isnt really working. I think the best is word of mouth. Have you heard of everywhere k?you could advertise on there...

This may be why your business is not working. Word of mouth is not enough. It's a crowded market and unless a business can budget for proper marketing it'll likely fail.

OP, peak to a marketing expert about the best way to advertise your business.

return2You

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 12:18 pm
das wrote:
This may be why your business is not working. Word of mouth is not enough. It's a crowded market and unless a business can budget for proper marketing it'll likely fail.

OP, peak to a marketing expert about the best way to advertise your business.

If you're just starting out, with s limited budget, you can avoid the high costs of marketing companies and " experts".

Check out fiverr, ( they will design an ad for just five dollars!!) it's a great place for beginners and some of their graphic designers are quite decent. I usually hire three or four graphic designers from them and go with the best ad. It beats having to pay $400.00 by a local graphic designer, at least in the beginning.
If you're targeting heimishe people with limited access to social media, you won't be able to avoid the high costs of advertising in printing media, I'm afraid. But be very selective where you do choose to market.
Good luck!!

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 1:45 pm
amother wrote:
my main target audience is mothers of school aged children.

I'm honestly not familiar at all with instragram and have nothing to do with facebook

can you explain how and why instragram works? I understand facebook.

I don't really want to say what I'm selling b/c it is a very unique product and although I'm amother I don't want people knowing I'm posting about this (and I've been talking to EVERYONE about this topic)

I know- its not so helpful and I know you are all really trying to help me, and I appreciate that.

Maybe Yael will let you use a screen name just for your business and you can advertise on here. There are plenty of mothers of school aged - children.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics