Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Does your cleaning lady deep clean? Should they?

justforfun87

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 11:32 pm
My mother in law came over this weekend. She keeps an immaculate home, literally I would lick food off her floors. She was horrified when she came to my house and said I need to fire my cleaning lady immediately. I must hire a cleaning crew as she is convinced mine is lazy! She said I am totally wasting my money. I don't mind the criticism part as that I will save for another post. Smile She feels as though cleaning people should be scrubbing walls, wiping down light switches, dusting fans, really deep cleaning. I explained to her that although she may have raised her son in a spotless house he and I are both slobs. I see my cleaning help as just keeping me sane. She clears up the clutter and does the basics like sweeping, stovetop, changing sheets. Sure she doesn't move the bed to get to the dust but should I expect her to? So who is right here? Should I fire my honest sweet 40 dollar a week (3hrs) basic cleaning lady and switch her out for a pricey cleaning service? My mother in law is right, the house is probably too big for one person and three hours is certainly not enough.

kb

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 1:23 am
Why not just keep your current lady an extra hour so she can do some deep cleaning too?

Mine does some of what you listed, and the rest when I ask her to.

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 7:48 am
I think you need her more than one extra hour. You have a big house and you and DH are self admitted slobs. You don't mention if there are children adding to the mess. Keep her for as many hours as a cleaning service would cost you. Your house should be clean. I would think you need her at least two days a week at four hours at a time.

bigblueyes

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 8:16 am
My dear, if you are happy ignore your mother in law. Nod,smile and say thank you. You can always get her every other week an extra day to deep clean.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry