Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What did DH whisper to you when he took you to the chuppah?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

cnc

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 6:46 pm
mom2dkay wrote:
Didn't know chosson takes the kallah to the chuppa

Sefardim

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 6:54 pm
smss wrote:
Clueless here.

What is the "requisite pasuk"?

What

Also wondering about this. Maybe since OP was about chuppah, she meant harei at mekudeshes li.

kalsee

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 9:11 pm
There is a pasuk I've heard said "אחותינו את תהיי לאלפי רבבה"
At my wedding my father gave me a brocha that included this pasuk
It is the brocha that Rivka Imeinu's father and brother gave her before leaving with Eliezer to go marry Yitzchok.

I've only been to one really chassidish, ger wedding, and I was surprised to see that only the choson, and the father and fil came for the badekin- the rest of the men didn't dance them in.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 11:23 pm
I don't remember a thing from my own wedding up to the yichud room and it was only 5 months ago!!!! I was so bust davening and I was dizzy from fasting-gotta go watch the video-maybe I'll remember.....

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 1:47 am
If DH whispered something to me, he obviously didn't want everyone to hear, so why should I tell you? Tongue Out

imasoftov

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 1:55 am
cnc wrote:
My husband did not come in, my father badeked me. I don't believe it is common as I never heard of it before.

I imagine the same thing happened at Yaakov's first marriage.

chani8

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 2:13 am
We're not big talkers anyway, so we just looked at each other and smiled. He probably cried a little.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 2:47 am
My husband was so flustered and nervous he actually said to the rabbi who was with him "what am I supposed to do".
Like chani8, my husband is not a big talker, so that was it. And then gave me a big smile. Thats was all.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 2:55 am
My husband said oops... He tripped on the step on the platform my chair was on.

watergirl

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 3:31 am
checkbefore wrote:
The chosson doesn't usually badek in Bobov.
When my mother heard about it before she married a bobover, she told him he better badek her, or she will get up and leave. He badekd her.

With a username like yours, I was waiting for you to comment here!

shoshanim999

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 4:20 am
amother wrote:
I really don't think that's any of your business. Some things said between two people should remain between those two people, not for public consumption. I would be furious if I thought my dh shared with anyone, even an anonymous online anyone, intimate things I said to him, and by intimate I mean in the true sense of the word, which means "closeness" and not a euphemism for s*xx. I notice that you, the OP, didn't share your intimate moment with the rest of us. I don't think that's an accident. What are you, some kind of romance Dementor who survives by sucking up other people's private words of love? Gross.

Get over yourself! It's an anonymous forum. If you don't want to share you dont have to. How does your husband deal with your horrible attitude every day in real life? Poor guy!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 4:31 am
Lubavitch here. DH might have said something to one of the rabbis, like "Yep", just to confirm that I was who I said I was.

I never knew anyone got whispered things. It's a nice idea, but DH is SO not romantic, so I'm not surprised that he didn't have what to say. Still, it was a lovely, small, and solemn wedding, and I wouldn't change it.

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 5:34 am
He didn't say anything verbal, just "I love you" in ASL.

lakewood mom

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 5:41 am
I'm probably gonna get bashed for this (and rightfully so!) but if one of the points of badeken is to make sure you're marrying the right person- how do the chassidish chassanim know the difference if they never see their kallahs throughout their engagement? (Obviously I'm not referring to all chassidim- just the ones that don't see each other...) In some Rebbish circles, the engagement can last a year!

yidisheh mama

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 6:40 am
My husband's family has this minhag that the kallah's father does the badeken. It was weird for me, because I'd only found out about the existence of a minhag like that when we were engaged... I would have liked to have my chosson do it, but I respect the differences between our family minhagim (we are from two different chassidos) and in return, he does, too.
as a side note, my father was very happy to badek me. It was very emotional for him.

gold21

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 6:57 am
He said, "now that it's too late to change your mind.... I'm 50K in debt and have become passionate about studying islam"

No, chas vesholom. Just kidding.

Wow, never heard of a father badeking a daughter. I thought it was halacha from yaakov avinu with leah and rochel, that we learn a chosson badeks his wife. You learn something new every day...

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 8:21 am
I totally don't remember.

I had lollipops to give out to the kids and I was totally caught by surprise when he came in so the next thing I knew, he was there, and I still had 3 or 4 winkie lollipops in my hand Smile I asked him if he wanted one and he said no. I then gave them to my mother and we moved on. I have no recollection of what he said to me tho. Probably "Mazel Tov!" But his smile was spoke louder than words ever would.

dochesed

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:01 am
he said, "oh my, you look like you gained 30 pounds!"

just joking!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:26 am
mine is Isreali, and he said: "ברוכה הבאה אהובתי יפתי יקרת נפשי".

I was so dazed by the whole badeken that , that in the cheder yichud when he asked me if I liked what he wispered and I couldn't remember what it was...

blossoming

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:29 am
dh said: "I could hardly recognize you with that purim sheitel on your head!"

not true, b"h, though the fact that my sheital looked horrific really happened, and I hate my wedding pictures just because of that.

Sad

Last edited by blossoming on Tue, Nov 17 2015, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics