Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Boots (kids)
1  2  Next

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 8:25 pm
Amazon.com has a sale on boots today, 20% off, whole family.
for the first time neither of my kids happens to have boots that fit. Time to buy.
They sometimes need rain boots in general, and snow boots when it's snowing or freezing.
Can I get away with just buying one or the other, and in that case which kind is better to get? Buy winter boots and be too warm when it rains in the summer? Or buy rain boots and put on some extra sock layers for the snow?

yogabird

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 8:37 pm
Good to know about the Amazon promotion. I've seen removable fleece inserts for rubber boots that serve as insulation. You might want to consider something like that.

I dont think winter boots in the summer makes much sense.

Are any of your girls a size 7? I may have a pair of adorable pink and purple rain boots in that size to give away.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 8:41 pm
Where we live we don't even need to bother with rain boots that often (very paved city... but when it does pour it's nice to have boots... occasionally)
Until now we just had what we had, if it was the wrong season too bad. But now that I'm looking to buy for myself I get to choose (previously got as gifts or bought at a specific time of year or sale when only one type was available)

Are the fleece liners worth anything over socks?

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 8:52 pm
seeker wrote:
Where we live we don't even need to bother with rain boots that often (very paved city... but when it does pour it's nice to have boots... occasionally)
Until now we just had what we had, if it was the wrong season too bad. But now that I'm looking to buy for myself I get to choose (previously got as gifts or bought at a specific time of year or sale when only one type was available)

Are the fleece liners worth anything over socks?

Why don't u try bogs boots (if its in your budget) they have both rain boots and snow, but both types seem good for all year. The rain ones have some insulation, prob good besides for really freezing days, and winter ones are very warm but not at all bulky. They have woman's and kid's styles.

I'm looking on Amazon now, where did u c about the discount??

Last edited by amother on Wed, Mar 13 2019, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 8:58 pm
I didn't see any Bogs in the Amazon sale. I'm seeing nice-looking snow boots under $20 and cute rain boots for just over $10 (after code)
I got the link from kosheronabudget.com

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 9:08 pm
seeker wrote:
I didn't see any Bogs in the Amazon sale. I'm seeing nice-looking snow boots under $20 and cute rain boots for just over $10 (after code)
I got the link from kosheronabudget.com

Oh! Thought it was for all boots on Amazon. Great prices!

Last edited by amother on Wed, Mar 13 2019, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 9:12 pm
There are a lot of choices, maybe Bogs are among them too, but I didn't want to sift through 100 pages so I set a max price of $25 to narrow it down. Came up with a pretty nice selection.

yogabird

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 9:19 pm
What about something like this? Looks like it has some insulation but can work in the summer too. http://www.amazon.com/Western-.....X0DER

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 9:27 pm
These look great
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/.....X0DER

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 9:27 pm
Hm... maybe...?

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 9:29 pm
"maybe" was at the neoprene one...not sure what to make of it as I've never worn one...
ra_mom's link is the one I was considering that I was calling a snow boot. Is it not a snow boot?

yogabird

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 9:35 pm
ra mom's link does look great, except that most of the sizes and colors are closer to 40 dollars.

From reading the reviews, it looks like the neoprene one's are similar to bogs that BKIND mentioned, only these are cheaper.

yogabird

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 9:36 pm
This link has more sizes at the reduced price

http://www.amazon.com/Kamik-Fo.....1_fbt

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 9:40 pm
Both my kids are half-size in shoes and the size up from each one is $22, which is $17.60 after the code. So I hope that will be the right size for them. And the reviews say the insulated liner can be taken out and put back in as needed. I think this is going to be the one for us, even though some of the plain rain boots are as low as $10 and get good reviews too, these look like better quality and you get more out of them. I was eyeing pink butterfly rain boots for DD but what she doesn't know won't hurt her! I think it's a one-day deal so maybe I should get one of each in case one doesn't fit.

yogabird

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 9:51 pm
Thanks ra-mom and seeker! I just ordered those for my daughter. Love that they'll be functional all year round.

pause

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 10:15 pm
Thank you for this thread. I usually buy boots after they need it already. Although this winter promises to be a warmer one, I ordered these boots now so that I don't regret not having them at the first snow/slush/rain.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 10:23 pm
http://www.amazon.com/Northsid.....X0DER
These look nice as snow boots and are 14.60 BEFORE code in my girls' sizes. In case anyone's looking.

pause

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 11:15 pm
seeker wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Northside-Frosty-Weather-Toddler-Little/dp/B00TPM31MI/ref=sr_1_23?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1447723035&sr=1-23&nodeID=3420847011&refinements=p_6%3AATVPDKIKX0DER
These look nice as snow boots and are 14.60 BEFORE code in my girls' sizes. In case anyone's looking.
Looks like great ones, but fewer sizes available.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 11:23 pm
I'm going with the ones that can have the inside removed, I think worth the extra $6 or so. But also ordering one each of the plain rain boots in a smaller size just in case I get the size wrong on the Kamik ones, because the next size down for each is twice the price.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 11:27 pm
Dangit in middle of this thread I got a phone call and when I got back on it seems the cute purple Kamik one in DD's size doubled in price Sad
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics