Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Paying Kollels

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:25 am
We currently live in Brooklyn and are looking to leave. My DH is interested in paying kollels (ideally a kollel that pays in the range of 30k, yes I know they are very hard to get into) We would love to stay in the tri state area but are open to moving out of town as long as its still within a 12 hour drive to NY. Anyone know of any kollels that fit this criteria? Thanks in advance. My DH is interested in a straight learning Kollel, not a kiruv one.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:26 am
Kollel Avreichim in Passaic/Clifton.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:34 am
op here. thanks. can you please post the package of the kollels if you know them in your replies, (the stipned, if there is housing, reduced tuition etc)

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:59 am
not sure what your definition of kiruv kollel... the passaic clifton community kollel ( I don't think its the same as kollel avreichim) pays- not sure how much... night seder is for learning with members of the community which can be a range in terms of skills and I believe they learn one on one with the ybh boys where the kollel is housed but it's not like out of town where the baalei batim get called to join... I could be wrong but I think community focused kollels usually pay more...

in general I think there is a "discount" in tuition at ykp for kollel pple but again double check.

is this a long term plan for you because I think PCCK only wants the guys to be there for around 5 years I think. I'm pretty sure thats Rabbi Stern? from yeshivah gedolah of passaic's shita ...

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:17 am
Passaic Clifton Community Kollel is Rabbi Chaim Krause.

Kollel Avreichim is Rabbi Breslauer which is sorta a division of Talmudic Research Center, which is his father-in-law, Rav Meir Stern. It's a little confusing here.

doctorima

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:32 am
I believe that Cleveland has several paying kollelim that are focused on learning, though I don't know details. There's also one in Eltingville in Staten Island, possibly others in Staten Island as well. I believe they recently opened a kollel in Flatbush somewhere in the 20s; I heard it may be in the shul at Bedford and I, but not sure about that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics