Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Seeking guidance
Previous  1  2

seeker

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 11:07 pm
amother wrote:
Is a developmental pediatrician the only way to get a proper diagnosis for add. Im not convinced that's his problem and I'm trying to explore every Avenue to get the right dx to best help him. I don't want someone who's quick to label add, but if that really is the source of his problem, I Want to know it was diagnos ed properly.

I'd be happier with a neuropsychologist or educational psychologist or even a plain neurologist who specializes in these things - not all neuros do but some do even if they don't have other things added to their title. I don't know if most developmental pediatricians are as well-rounded, a lot of their work is little kids who are sent for autism diagnoses... I could be mistaken but that's my impression of the field.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)