Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Are ANY OF YOU Flipping Out That THIS is WW3???!
1  2  3  4  Next

How are the latest events in the news affecting you?
I can't sleep- I am petrified  
 18%  [ 13 ]
I am taking Xanax to deal with the events  
 5%  [ 4 ]
Things that occur in Europe will NEVER happen in America  
 7%  [ 5 ]
I believe Moshiach is HERE and will reveal himself at any moment...  
 69%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 71

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:43 pm
My sister wants to go to Cancun Mexico during Yeshiva week. I don't think we should travel anywhere- except Israel with all this craziness going on in the world.

Are we experiencing the very beginning of World War 3? Are any of you experiencing anxiety, fear, overwhelmed etc???

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:44 pm
Thats weird I had one more option which read:

I believe Moshiach is HERE and will reveal himself at any moment...

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:54 pm
Too few options. None for checking... sorry! Could be and hopefully it's beginning ww3. I'm not afraid and can sleep at nite. However, Moshiach is DEFINITELY around the corner. He's been there for the longest time. We're just unfortunately not letting him in our doors. For silly little petty reasons. we need to do ALL we can to bring him in. Hatzlocha Rabo! Hope the next post will be something like..... When you hear the sound of the shofar, did you believe it's Moshiach... or what where you doing when you heard the shofar shel Moshiach.....

Last edited by amother on Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

imasinger

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:54 pm
I am not yet losing sleep, but I am seriously concerned.

And, this time, the fanatics may have or gain access to nuclear weapons.

It has been increasingly seeming like the start of a world war.

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:59 pm
I 100% beieve Moshiach is here.
I have my outfit picked out for when I hear that shofar blowing.

I still dread the fact that there are so many terrorists out there and their murderous tendencies are not out there for all the world to witness.

I'm not sleeping.

I worry about the world we are leaving for our children- such a mess.

tryinghard

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:00 pm
I'd like a response that says, "I am afraid, and trying to figure out if my desire to stockpile food and necessities is overly paranoid"

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:00 pm
Where's the the option for "other?"

Yes, I'm concerned — am spending more time than usual reading news and listening to the radio talk shows.

kiwi strawberry

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:01 pm
What if you're not home when the shofar sounds? How will you change into your outfit?

boymom

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:09 pm
on that note, kiwi strawberry, what kind of clothing do pple pick out to wear when moshiach comes? chasunah gown? Shabbos outfit? just reg wkdy? black? some color? tons of color?
will you dress the way you always do, or make an effort to look super super tznius?

sequoia

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:21 pm
A certain evil fanatic ALREADY has access to nuclear weapons.

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:25 pm
tryinghard wrote:
I'd like a response that says, "I am afraid, and trying to figure out if my desire to stockpile food and necessities is overly paranoid"

This is how I feel!

pesek zman

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:36 pm
How about 'going on with life as usual because my worrying won't change anything'

That's me

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:37 pm
Valley Mom, my parents got through the last Big One.

The thing to do is use brain, keep calm and carry on, eat and sleep well, and do your best.

Challenging situations are best addressed with intelligence.

Scaring the children, which is a big risk if you are cross-eyed panicked yourself, will get you in major trouble with The Dolly.

Do NOT scare the children.

Now calm down. Thank you.

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

shoshanim999

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:37 pm
I've said this before and I'll say it again- in spite of the the terrible events going on in the world today, there is no time period in the last 1000 years that jews have been more prosperous and have lived in greater peace than in the last 75 years since the holocaust ended. If what I'm saying is not true please specifically identify what 75 year time frame was better than what we are enjoying now.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:41 pm
pesek zman wrote:
How about 'going on with life as usual because my worrying won't change anything'

That's me

This.

Pandabeer

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:45 pm
I'm worried for the Jewish people all over the world!

I see a lot mother are calm because they feel safe in America, sorry to burst your bubble - it's not safer, the same refugees/terrorists are here too and planning - keep on davening they should fail. The question is not if but When.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:47 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
I've said this before and I'll say it again- in spite of the the terrible events going on in the world today, there is no time period in the last 1000 years that jews have been more prosperous and have lived in greater peace than in the last 75 years since the holocaust ended. If what I'm saying is not true please specifically identify what 75 year time frame was better than what we are enjoying now.

And this what is keeping you calm?

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 11:08 pm
tryinghard wrote:

Well, we already know storms can happen and we already have stored water and food on hand, and rechargeable flashlights that serve as nightlights, and extra candles (the ones in glass are safest) and baby stuff and lots of blankets and flashlights on our keychains. That's just normal.

https://www.google.com/#q=emer.....light

http://www.amazon.com/Blitzu-B.....psc=1

treestump

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 11:11 pm
Honestly, though I am keeping a close watch on the news, especially the news from Israel, and daven for peace every day, I don't see how panicking will be of benefit in any way.

I guess I have a pretty wry perception on things- if indeed we are caught up in a world war soon G-d forbid, at least I had some peace of mind before then, no?

Last edited by treestump on Tue, Nov 17 2015, 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

elisheva25

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 11:18 pm
I am most definetly scared....but I also have Emunah!! No matter what's happening in the world, I know that Hashem will bring us out of galus and Moshiach will come...In Zechariya it's predicted that the whole world will tremble during Gog and Magog, and we will cry out to HaShem, and Hashem will answer us " My children don't you know, everything that I've done, I've done for you." Keep that in mind
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics