Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Am I the only one who doesn't wear makeup?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 3:24 pm
All my friends wear makeup and tell me I should try it. Is it weird to never wear makeup? I don't like the idea of having paint on my face.

cm

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 3:30 pm
Bleah! No makeup for me.

Stars

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 3:33 pm
Not a stitch. I hate makeup.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 3:35 pm
Consider yourself very lucky.
You wouldn't want to see my face without makeup.

Stars

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 3:35 pm
For weddings I do

m in Israel

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 3:42 pm
I almost never wear makeup. I wear for simchos of close family members where I will be in a lot of pictures (siblings chasunas, my son's Bar-Mitzva, etc.), but that is it.

finallyamommy

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 3:45 pm
I don't wear makeup either. Don't even know how to put it on - my sister did my makeup for my wedding and in the 4.5 years since I've worn it maybe four times and felt silly every time.

dee's mommy

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 3:48 pm
Almost never. (Sometimes for weddings or something like that, but mostly, almost never.)

I like the feeling of a clean face, but I also have no clue about makeup. I don't know what to buy, or how to use it. (Any tutorial I have seen looks way too complicated to me.)

Last edited by dee's mommy on Wed, Nov 18 2015, 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

egam

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 3:48 pm
I don't wear makeup. I had professionally done makeup for my DS's wedding, my guests walked right past me and were asking where I am. LOL

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 3:54 pm
I only wear it for weddings ,to dinne out with my husband etc
I have friends that wear it pretty often ( and don't remove it properly at night, panda eyes the next day) , they look older than they really are.

yksraya

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 3:55 pm
My mil and a few of my sil don't wear makeup.
I do use makeup when I leave home bec my complexion is not as nice as it used to be and I don't feel comfortable going in public like that (dh doesn't really care for makeup so at home I usually don't use)
I used to only use makeup at simchas etc till a few yrs ago bec I didn't like the cakey feel of it, now I got used and I don't even feel I have makeup on.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 3:55 pm
It's a tool. Some are improved by it and some aren't. Each case is different. To each her own. There is no requirement to wear makeup. But I am for skincare.

I would say, be careful of suddenly wearing a lot, for an occasion. You won't look like yourself. Subtle, subtle, is the way.

You do NOT want people thinking about it. If people discuss it with you, you blew it. "Oh I love your makeup" is not such good news.

They should ask you what you are so happy about. Then you did it right.

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Wed, Nov 18 2015, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 3:56 pm
I love makeup Smile I wear very little though and only when I'm going out

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 4:00 pm
amother wrote:
All my friends wear makeup and tell me I should try it. Is it weird to never wear makeup? I don't like the idea of having paint on my face.

I don't. I wore for my sister in laws wedding almost three years ago, and before that for MY wedding, almost 10 years ago.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 4:07 pm
Most days I can't be bothered. I wear a bit of lip gloss just because my lips are dry. I can't have anything around my eyes, because it itches and I just rub it off.

DH likes the way I look, but if I do put on a bit more makeup he does give me compliments. Maybe if I worked outside the house I'd feel differently.

I think Dolly's post is right on the mark.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 4:47 pm
Try for a non-allergenic brand such as Clinique. He seems to want you to do a little something. Do it, you obedient wife. He listens to your requests, no? Not a full deal as for a wedding, but a little.

The hard part, for an aging marvel like me, is looking in the mirror before it's on. Noooot fun.

So put it on without a mirror and check it afterward.

You know where your face is by now.

Takes two seconds. Bing bang. Done.

Liveandlearn

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 4:53 pm
Only for shabbas and simchas,
Funny that you called it paint, that's what my husband calls it

lucky14

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 4:57 pm
I only wear eyeliner. Do what you want obviously. Shouldn't matter if you're the only one or not. Though from what other people are saying on here (and looking around at other people), you aren't the only one Smile

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 5:19 pm
Women sometimes wear makeup as female signaling or powering of some kind. If this results in it being referred to as "paint," it's not being done right for the eye that matters, the male eye. If you want to signal toward other women, wear a clothing item or accessory. Don't do that on your face, hair, or nails.

morah

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 5:23 pm
I don't wear makeup, I'm very sensory and can't stand the feel of glop or powder on my face, even in very small amounts. I did tolerate some for my wedding to please my mother, haven't worn it since. Not even to Dh siblings' weddings. I will say, I do take very good care of my skin, and that helps people not notice that my face has nothing on it.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics