Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Am I the only one who doesn't wear makeup?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 7:57 am
I have a nice complexion so I don't need it most days. When I feel super pale I wear some very light foundation. I only buy (and very rarely because I don't use it much) very good make up products that don't feel heavy on the skin.
I wear mascara most days- my eye lashes are light so it adds a lot to my appearance. If I'm feeling really tired and pale Ill use some concealer but very very rarely.
I hate eye liner and lip stick - it's so obvious that I'm wearing make up when I wear it. Very unnatural to me.

I think it also has to do with DH - I have no pressure to ever wear make up becuase I know my DH likes it better without make up, its like a mask to him- he doesn't get it.
I hear other Dhs that compliment their wives more when they do wear make up- I'm sure that would have changed things for me if DH was like that.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 8:04 am
JMM-uc wrote:
I guess all of you who don't wear makeup have perfect skin. Consider yourselves lucky!

I don't exactly and I far from don't. I look in the mirror and I don't really see my lousy skin and I have very lousy skin. I'm comfortable with myself. I highlight my good features.

greenhelm

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 8:07 am
JMM-uc wrote:
I guess all of you who don't wear makeup have perfect skin. Consider yourselves lucky!

Don't I wish! Smile I'm no beauty, take my word for it.

Raisin

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 9:51 am
if I go out during the day I put on a mineral make up powder, blush, lipstick. (and eye make up if I have time.) for social events and before shabbos I put on a full face. I wouldn't put on make up for school pick ups or staying at home all day.

I think I have good skin but it looks even better with make up.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:09 am
I usually put on makeup when I'm going out. Like someone posted, Clinique foundation is very light - I barely feel it - and it doesn't seem to harm my skin. I also wear eyeliner, a drop of a natural-tint shadow (to lighten the eye area), a sprinkling of blush, and lip liner. I never wear lipstick because I find it very drying, ditto to mascara - my lashes are dark enough anyway, and it tends to make my eye area feel itchy.

It takes about 2 minutes, and evens my skin and brightens it. I find that especially when wearing a wig, my face looks more pale, hence the need for makeup. Plus DH really likes it.

I'm big on skincare and moisturizing - it's like learning Torah (L'havdil....), if you forget to do it one day, it'll cost you 2 days to make up for it (pun intended).

I have two teen daughters, and both of them have nice complexions. The older one looks more grown-up and beautiful with makeup, but (my personal opinion) when my younger DD wears makeup (and she just loves it) it looks painted on. Maybe because she has such a young face. I think she just looks naturally beautiful without makeup.

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 3:43 pm
"No-Tears" shampoo from Johnson and Johnson is a good, and not expensive, eyemakeup remover.

penguin

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 4:03 pm
What is BB cream please?

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 4:06 pm
penguin wrote:
What is BB cream please?

Sort of like a tinted moisturizer. You don't need to wear primer or anything underneath. Very light coverage

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 4:49 pm
I wear a full face of makeup everyday. I have nice skin but I think it adds a lot and makes you look really presentable and pleasant to look at.
I do skip some days when I'm around the house and let my face breathe.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 4:59 pm
JMM-uc wrote:
Nope. I just never thought about covering anything up. Ever. I just had one of the biggest pimples right near my lip. It was gross. I survived. No make up.

I wear nothing. I hate how it all feels. I put on chap stick if my lips get dry. Thats all.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 9:32 am
Many frum women don't. In fact many non Jews and non frum, also.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics