Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
What kind of stroller do I need?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 4:01 pm
I have a 2 year old and a newborn. Both are average weight for their ages. We are both on the tall side. I live in the suburbs, don't have a car during the day, so I need a double for walking around the neighborhood, maybe getting a few things at the store, but not for big shopping or walking more than a mile or so. I need something lightweight and compact when folded, because I live in an apartment and I need to carry it down the stairs on Shabbos. I don't have a huge budget. I would like something easy to maneuver. The kids like to interact with each other.

Should I get an umbrella stroller? Do they not hold up? Or do I need something more than that?

TIA!

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 4:03 pm
I have heard great things about the contours elite. I think that it fits your criteria. There is a mode where the seats can face each other. http://asthestrollerturns.com/tag/contours/

seeker

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 4:33 pm
Umbrella strollers are not known for their ease of pushing, a good one won't be less expensive than a decent non-umbrella stroller, and the folding isn't necessarily easier than a regular stroller with a good fold either. If you're looking at umbrellas you'd probably do better with the city mini or something similar.

amother
White

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 4:51 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I have heard great things about the contours elite. I think that it fits your criteria. There is a mode where the seats can face each other. http://asthestrollerturns.com/tag/contours/

Different amother but similar issue (2 year old and expecting). Can you tell me what you heard about it? I was thinking of getting the options elite but I didn't know how heavy it was...
I want a nice big basket for groceries but not so heavy or bulky that I can't carry it.
Thanks!

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 4:52 pm
I dont have it I have just read good reviews. I linked to one above. The writer runs an extremely popular stroller group in my area and really knows her stuff.

gande

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 5:06 pm
The baby jogger City mini is a great lightweight stroller with many amazing features. Look into it. I have mine for quite a few years and I love it.

Smile1234

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 5:21 pm
Mountain buggy duet is a good option for a narrow side by side. But only if your two year old isn't a chunky one.

spring13

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 6:46 pm
If you want something light that will fold up small, try a Kinderwagon Hop. It's a tandem (front-back) umbrella with a nice small footprint. You could also check out the Phil and Teds Dot, and the Valco Snap Duo or Zee Two.

wiki

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 11:07 pm
Valco Snap Duo sounds like a good idea. Really light, and particularly excels at stair-bouncing.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 12:07 pm
Thank you!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics