Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshiva Siach Yitzchak Far Rockaway
Previous  1  2

amother
Green

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 3:01 pm
Maya wrote:
It's a Chassidish school for moderately MO people who romanticize the Chassidish lifestyle. It started out for people who wanted a Rav Kook/Breslov style school but is becoming a regular Chassidish Cheder. They teach in Yiddish, the boys wear long peyos, and the general studies level is very low.

Last I've heard, the boys weren't playing ball anymore.

Anonymous because I don't need everyone knowing where I live.
Maya, are you for real? R' freifeld/shar yashuv founded siach for the boys and tapeinu for the girls. It's the closest you will get to a cheider in the 5 towns but far from long peiyos and speaking Yiddish!

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 3:02 pm
amother wrote:
Maya, are you for real? R' freifeld/shar yashuv founded siach for the boys and tapeinu for the girls. It's the closest you will get to a cheider in the 5 towns but far from long peiyos and speaking Yiddish!

But it used to be, she maya isn't totally wrong.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 3:46 pm
Maya wrote:
It's a Chassidish school for moderately MO people who romanticize the Chassidish lifestyle. It started out for people who wanted a Rav Kook/Breslov style school but is becoming a regular Chassidish Cheder. They teach in Yiddish, the boys wear long peyos, and the general studies level is very low.

Last I've heard, the boys weren't playing ball anymore.

Are you talking about the one in Far Rockaway? Your description does not sound right. From what I see, it seems to be the most right yeshiva here, but its yeshivish not chassidish.

Maya

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 3:48 pm
amother wrote:

I personally know parents who send their kids there, and last I spoke to them - which wasn't that long ago - my description was accurate. At one point we were looking into schools in that area and that is what we were told. Perhaps they were wrong in the information they gave to me.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 7:09 pm
My nephews are there and it is NOT chasidish. It is yeshivish/litvish.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics