Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bed Bath and Beyond Customer Service, Recent experience?

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 11:17 am
For the past few years, when buying appliances, I was willing to pay more to get it from Bed Bath and Beyond because their Customer Service was known to be great.

I bought a Simplehuman garbage can, and a few years later the step on pedal broke, and they replaced it at half or less of the cost.

I read online that their business isnt doing that great and they will be cutting down on coupons, etc. and possibly customer service to compensate for lower profits.

Has anyone had anything but a great experience lately with Bed Bath and Beyond Customer Service, within the last few months?

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 11:26 am
Mevater wrote:
For the past few years, when buying appliances, I was willing to pay more to get it from Bed Bath and Beyond because their Customer Service was known to be great.

I bought a Simplehuman garbage can, and a few years later the step on pedal broke, and they replaced it at half or less of the cost.

I read online that their business isnt doing that great and they will be cutting down on coupons, etc. and possibly customer service to compensate for lower profits.

Has anyone had anything but a great experience lately with Bed Bath and Beyond Customer Service, within the last few months?

AFAIK, they have stopped accepting free returns unless you have the receipt (or it was a registry purchase) or you took 10% off value for restocking. There are still things you can only get at BBB but amazon cut into their profits... I had great customer service once you understood the policy.
I loved their old policy- but I see why they changed it. Someone ahead of me on line was trying to return a food processor. That was 20 years old according to the employee and they don't carry it (and because it's so old he didn't know if they ever did). It was broken due to use and age...and because it wasn't cleaned well (mold etc). Not something you should reasonably try to return.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 11:27 am
Yes. Why do you ask? Have you?

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 11:50 am
amother wrote:
Yes. Why do you ask? Have you?

A relative asked me to buy a Nespresso machine for them and I can get it much cheaper on Amazon, but I always L O V E D BB&B customer service, and unless they changed their customer service policy greatly, its worth buying there even if you pay more. Espresso machines often have issues.

cbg

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 11:57 am
I always had no problem at BB&B. What they did tell me recently is that if you don't bring your receipt they will give you 20% less, since they have no way of telling if you used 20% coupon. They told me this at the time of purchase which I appreciated very much. This way no surprises. I love the way you can bring in old receipts and get 20% off of pre purchased items.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 12:13 pm
I tried to return a fitted sheet that had thinned and torn in one spot - it was fairly new and well within warranty. I had spoken to customer service online (via chat), and they told me just to bring it in and the store would happily replace it. Well the nasty woman at the CS counter made a super snarky remark to me along the lines of "What were you doing in bed to cause this?!"

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 12:53 pm
amother wrote:
I tried to return a fitted sheet that had thinned and torn in one spot - it was fairly new and well within warranty. I had spoken to customer service online (via chat), and they told me just to bring it in and the store would happily replace it. Well the nasty woman at the CS counter made a super snarky remark to me along the lines of "What were you doing in bed to cause this?!"

Pretty funny, but what did she do at the end? Replace or not?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 1:18 pm
If you buy from Amazon (and not a seller on Amazon), my experience has been their customer service is also superb. But I never tried complaining about something very far down the line of use.

goodmorning

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 1:29 pm
Buy on an American Express card? They offer superior customer service and will likely be able to help you out if your machine breaks.

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 2:13 pm
The advantage of BB&B is that you dont have to deal with packaging and shipping the small appliance. You just walk into the store with it. And BB&B has a reputation for treating customers well years later, if the problem is a legitimate problem. Im just wondering if that will change because theyre not doing that well, and might toughen up.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 2:32 pm
Sadly they have changed their return policies.
I don't think it's unreasonable that they now what a receipt. It's just that I loved that in the old days I could bring in my 3 yr old rice cooker and tell them that it's 3 yrs old and it suddenly broke and they would just order me a new one at no charge. I didn't need to worry about boxes or receipts. It was such a pleasure.
Oh, well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics