Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
5 dead in West Bank and Tel Aviv terrorist attacks

blueberries

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 12:10 pm
A knife attack in Tel Aviv and a shooting in the West Bank Thursday left at least five people dead, and two suspects - both identified as Palestinians -- were in custody, according to Israeli media reports.

Enough. How long is this going to continue?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2.....acks/

blueberries

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 12:13 pm
We should close the borders to all Palestinians until this stops.

ora_43

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 12:27 pm
The two men murdered in Tel Aviv have been identified: Reuven Amiram and Aharon Yasayev (sp?), a father-of-five from Holon.

The shooting near Alon Shvut killed an Israeli man, a young American tourist, and a Palestinian man.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 12:30 pm
Baruch Dayan emet. My son is at Darkaynu in Alon Shvut. Free Shabbat tomorrow. I am sick to my stomach.

water_bear88

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 12:34 pm
blueberries wrote:
We should close the borders to all Palestinians until this stops.

That might have helped in Tel Aviv, but not in Gush Etzion. Sad

etky

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 12:41 pm
ora_43 wrote:
The two men murdered in Tel Aviv have been identified: Reuven Amiram and Aharon Yasayev (sp?), a father-of-five from Holon.

The shooting near Alon Shvut killed an Israeli man, a young American tourist, and a Palestinian man.

I feel sick.
The man who was killed is a teacher at my son's high school. He must have been on his way home from the school.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 12:42 pm
water_bear88 wrote:
That might have helped in Tel Aviv, but not in Gush Etzion. Sad

Close the roads to all Palestinians, and set up more guards along the way. Shoot to kill anyone who does not HALT right away. They want apartheid, we can give them apartheid. They're doing it to themselves.

Stop supplying them with electricity and sewage treatment. Expel all Palestinian students from Israeli universities.

When they get tired enough of it, then maybe things will change.

wiki

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 12:45 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Close the roads to all Palestinians, and set up more guards along the way. Shoot to kill anyone who does not HALT right away. They want apartheid, we can give them apartheid. They're doing it to themselves.

Stop supplying them with electricity and sewage treatment. Expel all Palestinian students from Israeli universities.

I don't see how that would cool sentiments or even stop the violence.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 12:50 pm
wiki wrote:

Who's talking about cooling? How many cease fires has Israel agreed to in the past 64 years? Where has it gotten us? It just gives them time to reload.

I'm talking about the containment of our enemies, and protecting the law abiding, tax paying, citizens of ISRAEL. If I had my way, I'd airlift all the Palis, and drop them off in Syria, where they can feel at home.

Sudy

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 12:50 pm
wiki wrote:

Jews and Arabs are too intertwined.

We need to find a way to disengage (what a loaded word!)

Sudy

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 12:51 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Who's talking about cooling? How many cease fires has Israel agreed to in the past 64 years? Where has it gotten us? It just gives them time to reload.

I'm talking about the containment of our enemies, and protecting the law abiding, tax paying, citizens of ISRAEL. If I had my way, I'd airlift all the Palis, and drop them off in Syria, where they can feel at home.

This deserved more than a like!

wiki

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 1:06 pm
Sudy wrote:

I completely, entirely agree.

Closing down all of their electricity and sewage treatment one day would not maximize the efficiency of our much needed disengagement.

ora_43

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 1:24 pm
Sudy wrote:

In all seriousness, I think a second Disengagement might be exactly what they're going for. Random attacks using one-on-one fighting are a very effective way of making people feel like "who needs this, let's just separate from these psychopaths, we'll be here and they'll stay over there."

Unfortunately, experience has shown that stopping the movement of people across borders doesn't stop cross-border attacks.

imasinger

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 1:31 pm
HASHEM, WHEN WILL IT STOP???!

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 1:58 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

As someone above wrote, your idea might help in tel aviv, but in the gush, how are they going to close the roads to the arabs? So then what? The arabs will stay in their own villages. And then what? Where will they shop etc? No, I am not at all sympathizing with the arabs, just being realiztic. FF, I live in the Gush. There are arabs everywhere. Its not a possible thing to close roads to them. Then they will not be able to live.
Shoot to kill as you said. But this person who shot people today was not near chayalim in the beginning. Nobody was there to say halt.
When they get tired enough, you think they will stop? No. that is just not so. FF, the arabs are living terrible lives. Not all of them but many of them. Not good lives. And yet they continue. They dont care about their life now. They just want to get rid of us. No, they will not tire of this. Not now. Not ever.

etky

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 2:06 pm
I have been sitting in front of the computer the entire evening, paralyzed, when I should be cooking for Shabbat.
Just calling, e-mailing and texting people back and forth about the pigua.
My sister's older son had Ya'acov Don hy"d, years ago, as his 7th grade homeroom teacher.
He was one of the most veteran teachers at the school and one of its guiding lights.
We are all in shock. DS still hasn't decided if he will go to the funeral or not. I'm not going to push him if he doesn't want to.
Aside from the horror of this specific murder, I'm feeling even more vulnerable now.
The terrorist just got out of his car and sprayed gunfire at other cars stuck in traffic on the road near Alon Shvut. This is a road that we travel ALL the time. It is THE road. There is no other. We cannot not travel the road. For one, DD takes it to school every day, up and back.
If she hadn't been let out early today for Bnei Akiva's Shabbat Irgun she would have been on the road, perhaps in that exact spot near Alon Shvut, when the terrorist opened fire.
My sister was about to set out on the road to Alon Shvut when she heard it was closed because of the pigua.
The road is not like Rami Levi. We can always shop inside the yishuv if we want to avoid RL. We cannot avoid the road.
Now (after the pigua a few weeks ago) there has been lots of security at the RL and around it.
There can be no security on the road, against this type of attack, especially considering the fact that we are sitting ducks in the area near the tzomet, where the attack happened, because of the heavy traffic at certain hours of the day.
The army is already heavily deployed south of the tzomet to Hevron and now, since Friday's pigua (the Litmans hy"d) also south of Hevron. There are just so many soldiers to go around.
There are also soldiers like my nephew who are still guarding bus stops in Jerusalem!
There can't be soldiers on every millimeter of road...

Shuly

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 2:30 pm
Ezra Schwartz of Sharon, MA was niftar. He was learning in a yeshiva in Bet Shemesh and was traveling to deliver food to soldiers in the area.

BDE

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......html

November

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 5:14 pm
etky wrote:
I have been sitting in front of the computer the entire evening, paralyzed, when I should be cooking for Shabbat.
Just calling, e-mailing and texting people back and forth about the pigua.
My sister's older son had Ya'acov Don hy"d, years ago, as his 7th grade homeroom teacher.
He was one of the most veteran teachers at the school and one of its guiding lights.
We are all in shock. DS still hasn't decided if he will go to the funeral or not. I'm not going to push him if he doesn't want to.
Aside from the horror of this specific murder, I'm feeling even more vulnerable now.
The terrorist just got out of his car and sprayed gunfire at other cars stuck in traffic on the road near Alon Shvut. This is a road that we travel ALL the time. It is THE road. There is no other. We cannot not travel the road. For one, DD takes it to school every day, up and back.
If she hadn't been let out early today for Bnei Akiva's Shabbat Irgun she would have been on the road, perhaps in that exact spot near Alon Shvut, when the terrorist opened fire.
My sister was about to set out on the road to Alon Shvut when she heard it was closed because of the pigua.
The road is not like Rami Levi. We can always shop inside the yishuv if we want to avoid RL. We cannot avoid the road.
Now (after the pigua a few weeks ago) there has been lots of security at the RL and around it.
There can be no security on the road, against this type of attack, especially considering the fact that we are sitting ducks in the area near the tzomet, where the attack happened, because of the heavy traffic at certain hours of the day.
The army is already heavily deployed south of the tzomet to Hevron and now, since Friday's pigua (the Litmans hy"d) also south of Hevron. There are just so many soldiers to go around.
There are also soldiers like my nephew who are still guarding bus stops in Jerusalem!
There can't be soldiers on every millimeter of road...

Etky, it's so awful and sad and scary. So sorry. ..

Liveandlearn

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 5:19 pm
This is terrible, After a calm week I thought that the intifada is over , now this. Hasham should keep his right hand on all yiden
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics