Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Would it bother you if....

lili

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 3:23 pm
would it bother you if your cleaning lady had 'ugly hands' (sorry for the choice of words...couldnt think of a better way to describe)? I really like and respect her. She cleans very well. But I noticed big white things on her hands. Maybe warts or some other growths. I sometimes ask her to wash dishes but it grosses me out! I offered her gloves but she doesnt want to wear it and I dont want to hurt her feelings.
It would be such a big help if I didnt have to wash the dishes the day she came but is this considered unhygienic or is it just me?
thanks for your input Wink

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 3:33 pm
LOL...I dont know what to tell you, but I would be grossed out too...I used to have a clean lady that gave off a very bad smell...though she was cleaning,her smell was stronger than the cleaning agents. My husband was very repulsed by it...we were thinking of getting rid of her, and at the same time she called me crying one day that she was going back to Poland! Hashgacha Pratis...

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 4:01 pm
Double post

Last edited by Tzutzie on Thu, Nov 19 2015, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 4:03 pm
I once had a cleaning lady who had a very bad smell. She'd leave and the house would look clean but her smell stayed. After two weeks (4 times 2-3 hours) I told her I no longer need her services.
Re the dishes, if I see her wash her hands with soap before doing the dishes I probably wouldn't care (probably. I haven't seen your cleaning ladies hands.) That is if I would let her help me in the kitchen. I don't give the cleaning lady the dishes or ask her to handle food. Im neurotic this way. I don't like anyone cooking / touching my kitchen other than cleaning the floors/table/chairs and cabinets.

yksraya

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 4:04 pm
I would be grossed out. I as is don't give mine to wash dishes or to bathe my kids. There are just some things I would not tell a cleaning lady to do.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 4:23 pm
That sounds a bit gross. Can you ask her to wash dishes with disposable gloves? Tell her this way her hands won't get dried out. I always wear them.

observer

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 5:50 pm
yksraya wrote:
I would be grossed out. I as is don't give mine to wash dishes or to bathe my kids. There are just some things I would not tell a cleaning lady to do.

What does a cleaning lady have to follow with your kids???

I do have mine do dishes, but I wouldn't dream of having her watch my kids, of course not bathe them.

She is a cleaning lady, for crying out loud.

zaq

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 6:34 pm
I assume you hire a cleaning lady for her cleaning skills, not her looks. Unless her hands are actively shedding flakes of skin, as they might if she had psoriasis, what difference does it make how her hands look? Is she getting the dishes clean? Gnarly white bumps may be skin tags, fibromas or arthritic bone growths, among other conditions, none of which is contagious and none of whch is going to come off on your dishes. AAMOF, those gnarly bumps may well be a result of a lifetime of scrubbing other people's houses. If your tender sensibilities are too delicate to tolerate the sight of this woman's ugly hands, don't look. I'll bet yours wouldn't look so lovely if you had to make your living the way she does.

You could have a cleaning lady with lovely hands (obviously a college student researching for a book) who doesn't wash her hands after blowing her nose or using the sanitary facilities.

yksraya

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 6:40 pm
observer wrote:
What does a cleaning lady have to follow with your kids???

I do have mine do dishes, but I wouldn't dream of having her watch my kids, of course not bathe them.

She is a cleaning lady, for crying out loud.

I know many ppl who have their cleaning lady bathe their kids, and some even babysit the kids so mom runs a quick errand, or take the kid out for a walk (reg cleaning lady, not nanny or live in)
I would never do that.

Sake

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 6:52 pm
I pray to arrive in heaven with gnarly hands and a clean soul.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics