Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Speech therapy in Lakewood

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 1:34 pm
We have Oxford insurance. I'm having a hard time finding an agency that accepts our insurance. My son is 4 and needs speech for articulation. Anyone know of a speech therapist that accepts Oxford?

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 1:56 pm
I'm going through Mrs Gartenhaus, someone who works for her is doing the therapy, but I went to her specifically for the other therapist who works in my child's school already.

I have Oxford United Healthcare and they cover it very generously (90 lifetime sessions).

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 8:05 pm
Does she belong to an agency? How long have you been using her? Are you seeing results? Can you post her contact info?

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 9:38 am
Bumping this up. I have still not found any speech therapist in network with Oxford! Can you please post a first name or agency for mrs gartenhaus? Would love to contact her.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 11:24 am
Sorry, I made a mistake with the name. Her name is Frumi Garfunkel, she runs the agency Speech Solutions. She did the initial evaluation but isn't doing the therapy. One of the reasons I went through her (besides insurance) is that I really wanted a specific therapist that works for her that goes to my child's school.

I have a Oxford United Healthcare freedom plan which pays for 90 sessions.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 1:47 pm
be careful with these agencies many times the therapists are not so good and not too experienced just willing to work the hours the agency needs like sundays, afternoons, early morning.., or are connected to the agency so they have to give them jobs.. ( I had bad experience and paid through my pocket)..also the agencies may not want to admit you don't need it to loose the case they could also decide to give preference to someone's whose insurance pays more..or they will evaluate and decide for sure kid needs to get the job.. there are therapists who are on there own who also take insurance and may be better and they will get the whole as apposed to the therapists who work in agencies and agency takes part.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 5:57 pm
I actually called Frumy today she only accepts my Oxford plan out of network and I do not have out of network benefits. Looks like I'll be paying out of pocket;(. Can you recommend a therapist you have had a good experience with in Lakewood? I agree with you I called so many agencies I can only imagine not all of them are very experienced.

Yiddishefroi

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 6:27 pm
There is a therapist Sori Fleisher who is currently Lakewood based. She has worked in Brklyn with children for years. She is wonderful!

mom2be1

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 6:32 pm
Try Intergrated run by Yuta Weiss I don't know what insurance she accepts but she is great!

12rivkyk34

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 6:38 pm
Frumi Garfunkel is great even if you are paying private. She's so nice & ehrlich & very experienced.
Baila Stein is very detail oriented and gives you a lot of time.
Language Builders (Devora Himy) is super professional & has top therapists working there.
Chavi Greenbaum specializes in pre-schoolers & is amazing.
Good Luck!

gibberish

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 6:44 pm
amother wrote:
I actually called Frumy today she only accepts my Oxford plan out of network and I do not have out of network benefits. Looks like I'll be paying out of pocket;(. Can you recommend a therapist you have had a good experience with in Lakewood? I agree with you I called so many agencies I can only imagine not all of them are very experienced.

Before you pay out of pocket, call the insurance and ask them who is in network in the area. They legally need to have providers within a certain amount of miles from their insureds.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 6:46 pm
gibberish wrote:
Before you pay out of pocket, call the insurance and ask them who is in network in the area. They legally need to have providers within a certain amount of miles from their insureds.

I was thinking this as well. They should have some providers. You just have to make sure they are good after.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers