Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Letting all the Syrian refugees in - is Obama insane?!?
1  2  3  Next

EnnuiGalore

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 8:28 pm
This seems like the most naive, foolish decision...all for the sake of being "nice." This potentially puts all of us who are already here at great risk. NYC is already a major terror target and our mayor is saying "sure - come on in, unscreened Muslims!"

Where has common sense gone? I fear we are all screwed.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 8:50 pm
You don't even have to say unscreened Muslims because then you get into the religion test. Just say, unscreened and unscreenable refugees.
Yes, it's hard to say this because most of us here are descendants of refugees. But there was screening for our grandparents and great grandparents.
But more than that, I find the president not insane but offensive. He's so concerned about the refugees now and will attack anyone who opposes him as cynical and giving in to panic and fear but where was he 4 years ago? Why didn't he honor the lines he drew? Sorry if I sound like a right wing talking point but this is not politics talking.

morah

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 8:53 pm
It defies all common sense. And thanks De Blasio, now Brooklyn in going to turn into a banlieu Rolling Eyes And anyone who disagrees is a xenophobe, who couldn't possibly have a valid point Rolling Eyes I will proudly say, my grandparents were refugees. They ended up in France because America wouldn't let them in, and suffered Nazi persecution in France. They never did come here, in the end. But you know what? It's not the same. It's a different situation that can't be compared. We are NOT hypocrites for standing against this shtus!

Blessing1

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 9:10 pm
It's an old story that Obama is insane.
Busy taking care of the world's problems instead of the safety of his citizens & his country.

EnnuiGalore

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 9:14 pm
It makes me feel very scared, powerless, and kind of hopeless. All I can do is vote.

mirror

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 9:29 pm
The Syrian refugees will need a place to stay. Let's offer them the White House.

bluebird

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:14 pm
Uh, they are screened.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/17......html

morah

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:25 pm
It's not just about the screening- which isn't foolproof, btw, the one in France had a fake passport, and they just caught 3 guys in Honduras with fake passports. It's not even about ISIS. There are NO good guys in the Syria fight. Assad is a terrorist. THe rebels are terrorists. And of course, ISIS are terrorists. So even the people fleeing ISIS are supporting someone else we don't like. And they're coming from a culture that is very hostile to ours. Sure, they're fleeing horrific violence, and that is sad. But they still have certain values and a culture and an antipathy toward the West. They need to leave, they need to go somewhere. Let them go to Saudi Arabia, or the UAE.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:43 pm
For sure there are terrorists in the mix. Let them go to Arab countries who will be happy to have them instead.

EnnuiGalore

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:45 pm
bluebird wrote:
Uh, they are screened.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/17......html

This was actually interesting to read, thank you. I'm concerned, though, that this has become an ego thing for the President - he is so hard-lined about letting in as many as possible and not ramping up the fight on ISIS. What is that all about?!?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:46 pm
They admitted that the screening is bogus. Don't start me on Obama please😐. They claim half are children under 12. Whatever that means. Let's just pray hard for safety.

EnnuiGalore

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:47 pm
flowerpower wrote:
They admitted that the screening is bogus. Don't start me on Obama please😐. They claim half are children under 12. Whatever that means. Let's just pray hard for safety.

Can you show me a link where they admit screening is bogus?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:49 pm
I read it today on one of the new sites. Don't remember which- most likely NBC.

bluebird

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:50 pm
morah wrote:
It's not even about ISIS. There are NO good guys in the Syria fight. Assad is a terrorist. THe rebels are terrorists. And of course, ISIS are terrorists. So even the people fleeing ISIS are supporting someone else we don't like

Why do you assume a Syruan has to support any of them? If I were Syrian I probably would have no faith in or support for any leader right now.

bluebird

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:52 pm
EnnuiGalore wrote:
This was actually interesting to read, thank you. I'm concerned, though, that this has become an ego thing for the President - he is so hard-lined about letting in as many as possible and not ramping up the fight on ISIS. What is that all about?!?

I hope that he's doing the smart thing, which is taking action quietly and using surprise as a tactic instead of running his mouth. Loose lips sink ships.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 11:14 pm
EnnuiGalore wrote:
Can you show me a link where they admit screening is bogus?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g.....cess/

morah

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 11:24 pm
bluebird wrote:
Why do you assume a Syruan has to support any of them? If I were Syrian I probably would have no faith in or support for any leader right now.

It's a sheer numbers game. With the number of people trying to get out, even if the numbers if ISIS supporters are miniscule (which they probably are), there will be higher numbers for the other factions. Sure, there will be plenty of who cares they're all terrible, but there will be people who do sympathize with one side or another, and that's not something you can easily vet. It's a huge risk.

Miri7

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 11:35 pm
I've got to jump in here.

First, the process for becoming a refugee is extremely rigorous. The screening is not bogus. It's likely the hardest way to get into the USA. I'm an attorney who represents a number of people who work on J1 visas here and I work closely with immigration counsel, who are the people who deal with this process all the time. They all agree - getting refugee status is really really hard, even when you've got a squeaky clean ideal candidate.

Second, the bad guys who want to get in have a number of other avenues to get in - tourist visas, crossing illegally, etc. there are many ways to get in with minimal screening (think fake passport or legit job offer here) and those ways are much much faster. If your real goal is to stop terrorists form crossing the border; it's foolish to focus on the refugee program. Your focus should instead be on increasing screening for other avenues into the country.

Third, I believe we have to truly welcome the strangers here. I look at these horrifying photos of Syrian children fleeing with their families and my only thought is - how can we protect all of the innocent people of the world from these horrible madmen.

Fourth, yes, we are a country founded and populated by many refugees and their descendants. To slam the door to those in need in a crisis is to betray our values as a nation and let the terrorists win.

So I say, increase the number of refugees we will accept, send massive aid to the refugees who are now fleeing, and make smart decisions about beefing up our screening of all persons coming in - not just those coming as refugees.

WhatFor

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 11:41 pm
Further to Miri's point, ISIS wants us to alienate all Muslims. This proves to other Muslims that the west hates them and pushes them more toward extremist groups who claim to care about Islam. The best way we can eradicate this extremist ideology is first by supporting those who are fleeing this ideology, and then giving them a safe haven where they can come and speak out against Islamism, or extremist Islam. They can have a voice in discouraging youth from joining ISIS.

In any case, I'm proud that the Orthodox Union is showing the Rachmanim b'nei Rachmanim factor we Jews are supposed to have:

http://advocacy.ou.org/2015/or.....ssue/

DrMom

Post Fri, Nov 20 2015, 1:22 am
Blessing1 wrote:
It's an old story that Obama is insane.
Busy taking care of the world's problems instead of the safety of his citizens & his country.

He's not insane. He's an anti-Western Marxist.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics