Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chicago
Previous  1  2

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 9:29 am
Fox wrote:
Second, you mentioned a "frum office." Do you mean a frum employer, frum coworkers, or both? The industry mentioned by OOTBubby would have frum bosses but not necessarily frum coworkers. This will be something you'll need to clarify to anyone assisting you in a job search.

In most cases those offices have not only frum bosses, but many frum workers as well. The office I work in is around 50% frum. Other than a school, I don't think there's anything where the workers would be all frum, but you can find jobs with a lot of frum coworkers.

mha3484

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 9:54 am
I do staffing for the industry that ootbubby is referring to. The companies I work with have pretty specific requirements in terms of experience. I place billers, accountants, marketers but they are pretty rigid about not training.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 9:57 am
mha3484 wrote:
I do staffing for the industry that ootbubby is referring to. The companies I work with have pretty specific requirements in terms of experience. I place billers, accountants, marketers but they are pretty rigid about not training.

My office is willing to do some training -- especially for frum employees. The boss will hire them with minimal experience/training and will train them. Overall they certainly prefer experience and preferably in their field.

mha3484

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 10:06 am
OOT- Thats great. I regularly go nutty from this. I have to pass on fantastic candidates because they have medical experience but not nursing home. Everyone was being vague so I'm not sure if I am supposed to be or not.

OP on the off chance you have experience in that industry I have an employer always looking for accountants and would be very happy to send your resume. They are super nice to work for and the office is shomer shabbos.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 10:07 am
mha3484 wrote:
OOT- Thats great. I regularly go nutty from this. I have to pass on fantastic candidates because they have medical experience but not nursing home. Everyone was being vague so I'm not sure if I am supposed to be or not.

OP on the off chance you have experience in that industry I have an employer always looking for accountants and would be very happy to send your resume. They are super nice to work for and the office is shomer shabbos.

I don't think it matters. Anyone who knows anything about Chicago knows what industry it is. And yes, anyone with any kind of experience in Long Term Care will find a job immediately.

mha3484

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 10:10 am
There is also an accounting firm that has many frum employees that you could be in touch with. Would you be willing to PM me or post an email?

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 10:42 am
OP here. thanks for your responses. I currently work in the accounting department of a non profit organization - I have no experience in nursing homes. We are not sure what we are doing. If we decide to move than I will be in touch with your. thanks. Also, just to clarify, when I said frum office I meant frum bosses and a decent amount of frum areas. I am well aware that other than a school you will not find 100 percent frum office.

shaimac1

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 11:18 am
Just a quick question where will your DH be working? Will it be in DOWNTOWN CHICAGO or a Suburb? How many children do you have? Why does your job need benefits does your DH's job offer not come with benefits? 2 bedroom apartments in the WRP area where people want to live start around 1200 a month w/out utilities (check out zillow.com) just to clarify. And again depending on where you want to live a small 3 bed home will start at 300k, but it all depends on which community you move to. Have a great day and good luck!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating