Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Kosher Discount Supermarket opened in BP on 13/49 this week
1  2  Next

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 1:58 pm
Any opinions?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 1:59 pm
Some of us think it's overkill and wonder what the proprietor is thinking.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 2:12 pm
amother wrote:
Some of us think it's overkill and wonder what the proprietor is thinking.

Overkill how? High prices?

Overkill definition: an excess of something (as a quantity or an action) beyond what is required or suitable for a particular purpose

When I think overkill, I think uniquely fancy, which this store certainly cant be because of the size.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 2:17 pm
amother wrote:
Overkill how? High prices?

Another grocery store. On 13th Ave. A small one at that. With three other grocery stores a hop away.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 2:23 pm
amother wrote:
Another grocery store. On 13th Ave. A small one at that. With three other grocery stores a hop away.

True, but every block in BP has the same amount of customers as an Out Of Town community.

But if a grocery store wants to be uniquely successful, they have to offer either a unique service, unique quality foods, or uniquely low prices. Thats good for the customer. And the store owner knows that when he opens a store, if there are many others in the neighborhood.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 2:26 pm
amother wrote:
True, but every block in BP has the same amount of customers as an Out Of Town community.

But if a grocery store wants to be uniquely successful, they have to offer either a unique service, unique quality foods, or uniquely low prices. Thats good for the customer. And the store owner knows that when he opens a store, if there are many others in the neighborhood.

That's what we are hoping. Otherwise, we feel bad for him and his family for putting all that money out there and then failing like so many other stores in bp. Business is good here for those that make it. But stores close down all the time and it makes me sad.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 7:38 pm
What's the owners name? Anyone know?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 7:48 pm
Makes me sad too, because as a distribution company we are left with thousands of dollars of outstanding bills that never get paid each time a grocery store opens then closes. And in the tri-state area it happens twice or three times a year.

sourstix

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 7:51 pm
whos the owner?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 8:14 pm
amother wrote:
Makes me sad too, because as a distribution company we are left with thousands of dollars of outstanding bills that never get paid each time a grocery store opens then closes. And in the tri-state area it happens twice or three times a year.

I cant recall one grocery on 13th avenue closing. Am I forgetting? !3th Avenue is the center of the center, with each few blocks around it, like a city.

sourstix

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 8:25 pm
freidmans closed a couple of years ago. they were booming for a long time then reopened not far and went down. I cant think of anyone else. otherwise all groceries are there for quite a while. the most peculiar thing is that there are so many banks there. its like there are more banks then anything else being sold there. I always wonder whats up with all these banks. they got so many businesses out. cant remember them. oh well. im not there anymore. I miss it though

momto2

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 8:39 pm
I was in there today, nothing too exciting, but the cashier told another customer that they're a branch of mega 53.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 8:42 pm
amother wrote:
I cant recall one grocery on 13th avenue closing. Am I forgetting? !3th Avenue is the center of the center, with each few blocks around it, like a city.

Sure! Goldsteins from 13 corn 52. Where landaus is today.
It's a branch of the mega groceries.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 8:44 pm
amother wrote:
Sure! Goldsteins from 13 corn 52. Where landaus is today.
It's a branch of the mega groceries.

They moved.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 9:40 pm
I"m confused since they closed mega savings which was then bought by super 13 only to reopen a few months later at another place a block away with a new name? I'm totally confused.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 9:43 pm
amother wrote:
I"m confused since they closed mega savings which was then bought by super 13 only to reopen a few months later at another place a block away with a new name? I'm totally confused.

I think they owned that building.
Zisalek was owned by Mega 53 brother.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 11:05 pm
sourstix wrote:
freidmans closed a couple of years ago. they were booming for a long time then reopened not far and went down. I cant think of anyone else. otherwise all groceries are there for quite a while. the most peculiar thing is that there are so many banks there. its like there are more banks then anything else being sold there. I always wonder whats up with all these banks. they got so many businesses out. cant remember them. oh well. im not there anymore. I miss it though

I have heard from people in banking that there is more money coming and going in the boro park zipcode than any other on the east coast... that is why there are so many banks...

Mevater

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 11:33 pm
amother wrote:
I have heard from people in banking that there is more money coming and going in the boro park zipcode than any other on the east coast... that is why there are so many banks...

Because the post-Holocaust generation doesnt believe in investments. They prefer getting a measly 1% interest, as long as its FDIC.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 11:36 pm
So if the former Semel's (called Mega Discount I think) is part of the Mega 53 group and so is the new Kosher Discount Supermarket, they have 3 supermarkets between 49th street and 53rd street? Now I know why I saw the female owner of Mega 53 walking back and forth on that block today.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 11:40 pm
amother wrote:
So if the former Semel's (called Mega Discount I think) is part of the Mega 53 group and so is the new Kosher Discount Supermarket, they have 3 supermarkets between 49th street and 53rd street? Now I know why I saw the female owner of Mega 53 walking back and forth on that block today.

Mega closed the former Semel's location. Super 13 bought it.
So Mega only owns this new 49th street location as well as the 53rd street location.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics