Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Car seat for 1 year

fatso gal

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 3:29 pm
I am looking to move my baby out of his infant car seat. What can people tell me about the next stage car seats.

Tia.

fatso gal

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 7:08 pm
Bump. What can people tell me about the graco models. Are they good like their infant car seats?

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 7:28 pm
So after the bucket/infant seat you want a convertible car seat that goes both rear facing (RF) and forward facing (FF). You won't be taking it out often- I recommend getting one per car.
Unless you have an unusually large child, they should be RF as long as possible. NJ law is 2 years and CA will be too soon. Even if that isn't the law where you will be traveling/living/commuting (technically a NY resident driving through NJ must have their under 2 year old RF or face huge fines).
It's safer- infants heads are way too big for their body so if CV in an accident.... Their neck can be severely injured (or broken). (End pet peeve).

I have a graco convertible and I love it. A relative has a different version- I like mine slightly better but it's still great. I like mine because of the no retread harness that automatically adjusts the straps when you need it taller. Plus 2 clearly marked different sets of latch devices (1for RF, 1for FF). Cinch to install if it has the bubble level on the side. It isn't too heavy, has decent height and weight limits (not the highest though so if your kid is super tall/heavy this might be an issue). Great crash ratings too.
Each model is slightly different so check which extras are important for you.
Does this answer everything?

Oh and they are on sale at amazon now!

yogabird

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 8:14 pm
I just got my 1.5 year old the Cosco scenera next and am thrilled with it.

fatso gal

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 9:04 pm
Dh and I decided to order the graco with easy adjustable harness. I find it a pain to adjust the straps on my infant car seat. The reason we were looking specifically at graco was because of the deals on amazon. Thanks for all of your help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics