Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much is normal?

newmommy:)

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 4:13 pm
I know there's no one size fits all. But for a kollel couple living in Israel with two kids (under 2) how much - around would you say is normal to spend per year.

My husband and I are trying to make a budget and we really have no clue how much is a normal monthly "allowance" so to speak.

mirror

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 4:49 pm
Can you tell us how much you pay in rent each month? Or do you want to subtract the rent from the monthly budget?

(I don't have an answer though. But I do know that rents have a big range.)

mille

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 5:22 pm
I think you need to do it the opposite way. Write down exactly how much you bring in each month, then write down the expenses that stay static (like rent), then you can work towards a budget in all other things. It's nice if someone says X amount is "normal" to spend, but if you only make X-5000, that won't work for you.

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 5:37 am
I dont need a specific number that pertains exactly to me. I;m just wondering a range like 25,000 30,000 40,000.

if it makes a diffrence my rent is aroudn 1400. and our income is aroudn 3000 give or take. But I just want a range of whats normal for a young couple living in israel with 2 little kids....

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 5:49 am
newmommy:) wrote:
I dont need a specific number that pertains exactly to me. I;m just wondering a range like 25,000 30,000 40,000.

if it makes a diffrence my rent is aroudn 1400. and our income is aroudn 3000 give or take. But I just want a range of whats normal for a young couple living in israel with 2 little kids....
are those in dollars or shekels? And it greatly depends wher in the country you live.

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 5:55 am
dollars

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 6:04 am
SO if your rent is roughly 5500 shekels and your income is roughly 12000 shekels. Are you able to live on that? If yes, that is normal and good for your family. If you are not able to live on that then it is not going to be good or normal for your family.

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 6:13 am
lol I hear you. but Bh we do have money. I'm trying to work out what's normal to be spending in a month and see if we are making it work. like I think 50,000 dollars a month is a lot for a young family of 4 living in israel. am I asking a crazy question?

Iymnok

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 6:16 am
It's very simple. Take a paper and pen, write down every expense per month. Multiply by 12.
I find it easier to do it by category, groceries, utilities, household items(cleaning, toiletries, storage containers etc) clothing, Extras/luxuries, education, health, transportation, household help...

Keep in mind the new expenses that will come up as your children grow.
Have something aside for the unexpected and emergencies. Bed rest for example means more cleaning help, prepared food and childcare.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 6:16 am
newmommy:) wrote:
lol I hear you. but Bh we do have money. I'm trying to work out what's normal to be spending in a month and see if we are making it work. like I think 50,000 dollars a month is a lot for a young family of 4 living in israel. am I asking a crazy question?
I sure hope you mean year here Smile

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 6:19 am
YES!!! although 50,000 a month is ALSO not normal Wink

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 6:23 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I sure hope you mean year here Smile
No, not a crazy question at all.
So, your salary is 3000 a month. That would be 36000 a year, so for you 50000 would be a lot. But for others who make roughly 4200 a month, that would work.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 10:37 am
sounds tight to me. you have about 600$ left per month? but if its working for you then great
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics